Any one know mastiffs

Actually, Zoom, Filas aren't really stranger "aggressive." They ARE very distrustful and defensive with strangers. Very, very few will aggress, but they will warn a stranger not to trespass in their space or get too near their family. That's just one of those fine points that you almost have to live with a dog to understand though, but we do try to educate non-Fila owners (and some owners) to the difference, as it's really NOT the kind of reputation that responsible Fila owners want to engender :)

You're right on the money with the Bulls. They are probably the least affable of the Mastiffs when it comes to other dogs. They are intelligent and will usually accept the family dogs as part of their family, but dogs outside their immediate family are just NOT the Bull Mastiff's cup of tea at all :eek: It makes sense when you think about how these dogs were used against poachers . . . and many poachers had hunting dogs with them.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Sorry, I was using "aggressive" when I probably should have put "defensive"? A lot of people don't know when a dog is telling them stop and mistakenly use the term "aggressive".

I was also quickly typing this as I was running out the door for work this morning.

my2girls

We live in Il. and will be getting a red/fawn female bullmastiff puppy around the first week of Dec. My family had a bullmastiff and I LOVED him. What a great dog w/ kids, gentle yet one who will definitely protect the family.

I am trying to decide what to name our new puppy??

I would love to see pictures of you dog!
Jamie

Members online

No members online now.