How ACCIDENTS happen!

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
I just got back from a walk with Caiza and we went to another special spot I frequent when I don't feel like being around millions of dogs at the other place I hike. Anyways, I walked around a HUGE pond which also has a golf course/country club in the area. Where it has snowed recently the golf course is covered and beautiful. Caiza stays on his extra long flexi leash so he can still have some freedom :D I very rarely run into anyone on the golf course but today I ran into a man walking 3 labs that were loose. As soon as they saw me and Caiza they came barrel @ssing it towards us which was okay since they were labs and Caiza is great with other dogs. Anyways, I finally got close enough to the man walking them to say "good morning" and we started talking. He said one of my "females" which they were all girls was in heat :yikes: and assumed my dog was neutered. He asked me and I told him that he wasn't, I asked him why he would just assume and let a female in heat walk off leash? Common sense right? He immediately hooked up both his chocolate labs and said that his wife shows and breeds them.
They were gorgeous labs and had gorgeous head pieces on them, they were the English variety labs. But if Caiza was off leash this could have been an accidental breeding and thankfully after what I went through with Caiza a few weeks ago when he ran off on me he is now leashed at ALL times. I'll tell ya though if one of the bitches were in heat it didn't even phase Caiza :p he was more interested in the tennis ball I had in my hand that he had found and been carrying in his mouth :lol-sign: I have yet to see Caiza even try to mount another dog.

Sunnierhawk0

Feelin' Froggy? Jump!
Wow.. some people.

But kudos for you for being the better owner in this case and keeping your red headed demon child leashed lol.

It wouldn't have been okay with me for 3 labs to come barreling over. I have been bitten badly by a beautiful lab.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
It wouldn't have been okay with me for 3 labs to come barreling over. I have been bitten badly by a beautiful lab.
Not for nothing and I didn't want to say it because I have owned dog aggressive breeds in the past ;) . But if I saw 3 powerful well known dog aggressive dogs coming at us loose I would have yelled to the owner to get his dogs call them off or something. So seeing 3 big lab bears coming at us wagging there tails and saying "hi" to me first didn't bother me :lol-sign: But I see what you are saying :)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Some people. . .!
However, I'm very glad nothing happened! So glad you at least were being responsible!

Members online

No members online now.