Researching breeds: Pap, Chi, Chipin, Fox & Rat Terrier

Dekka

Just try me..
I have met quite a few Iggies. LOL if they can handle living in Ontario.. I am sure Philadelphia is not going to be a huge problem. They just have coats they wear to go out, and don't spend time romping through the snow.

The ones I know race, and are not really as delicate as they look. You need to be careful with them.. but that goes for any breed of toy dog. I know a couple who do agility-they are out there running, climbing and leaping away!

Boemy

I was actually thinking about the italian greyhound also, I was just worried about a few things a) the cold climate I'm in, and b) was worried about how fragile they are. I've never met anyone who has owned one, so maybe I'll try to seek someone out who has one.

I've heard that Italian greyhounds can be notoriously hard to housebreak and some simply will never willingly go outside if it's raining. (I was researching Italian greyhounds as a possible apartment breed too and this info came from the websites of reputable IG breeders.)

Chihuahuas are great apartment dogs but there are sooo many bad breeders of them. If you decide on them, I'm sure we can help you find a good breeder, though. :)

To echo what everyone else has been saying, don't get a "chi-pin" from a breeder; but look at Petfinder or with rescue groups if you do decide on a mixed breed.

Members online

No members online now.