What about you?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
So something came up and I am the type of person that has to know the worst case scenario. It's just how I work. Give me the worst case scenario so I can prepare myself should it happen, BUT, I am very optimistic about outcomes. I may know what potentially can happen but I will go into any situation with my head held high, doing my best.

I am aware that this makes me unusual.. what about you?

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
I always prepare for the worst, hope for the best, and usually get something in the middle.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I do the same thing. I always run through different scenerios in my head for every situation I come across. It's how I've always been.

iluvdogs

Same, I always know what CAN happen , and hope that it don't...but I always ALWAYS think for the best !!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I consider myself a realist--I size up the situation with as much information I can muster (the good the bad and the ugly)--then make my plans and hope for the best. What does that make me? (be nice! lol!)

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
In my faith, negative thoughts or spoken negative is like " out of your mouth to the devils ear" type thing.. I would like to know worst case scenio but if just as much to know positive -= I would rather only hear that...
I have had " knowing worst case scenio" backfire too many times. Adding a tinge on what I would think.. Like femka- we were told she might not make it last year so daily we thought that. Turned out they were wrong but all it did was put negative stress on all concerned for the time..

bubbatd

Yes , I'm that way .....I can cope with black or white , but not grey . I'm having some tests next week and I'm thinking the worse , so I can be pleasantly surprised !

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I am forever the optimist.

When we found out that Brian's dad might have Cancer was sickeningly positive. I just refused to think the worst.

When hannah was admitted to the NICU with Pneumonia I took my time to feel bad during the night when I had found out... but after I had my cry that was it... it was time to focus on what I could do to help and at the time the best thing I could do was to produce the healthiest milk I could for her.

I refused to think anything other than the fact that she was going to be just fine.

it's almost a flaw lol

but when it comes to tests done on myself? I am not always so positive.

It depends. Over the years I have changed though. Once upon a time my outlook was very much like Nikki's, CD's, Bax's and several others.

Then it evolved into more of going into things with open expectations, neither good, nor bad, not second guessing, just arming myself with the info I need and want.

That, in turn, has evolved. Added to being open to whatever is to come, I have a firm (non Judeo-Christian) belief that faith precedes the miracle.

mjb

I'm a worrier....but I'm working on that.

I prefer to know what worst-case scenario is, but I don't know what it does for me except that, if not given that information, I can conjure up something far, far worse.

bubbatd

I must admit that I always try to be more positive when it comes to family and friends . I always pray for them ......don't for myself as much except for prayers for strength . Serenity .

a.baker

I do my best with what I am given and stay in action. I try my best to prepare for tomorrow. I don't look too much at the past except to learn from it and I don't look at tomorrow for you never know what its going to bring. I am at peace we ultimately don't have control but we can try. I try to break things down realistically and focus where I need to improve. I try to throw insignificant things out of my thoughts so I can focus on the important stuff. I have the reality I will never be good but I also have the reality I will never be bad if I keep trying. I realize I am my own enemy at times. I realize I came into this world with nothing and will leave with nothing, so I pay attention to the small things. When I feel weak and falling and broken I find the One who gives me strength. I try to put others first but find the balance for myself so I don't run dry or get depressed.

Hey lol we are all constantly still learning and growing no matter the age or who we are...

;)When the stakes are high, I absolutely want to know the worst case scenario.

With my Vets., when faced with options I always find myself asking "if it were you and your dogs, what would you do"..then I make my own decision of course.

With my doctors, I've asked "if it were your family member, which way would you go"..

I'm definitely someone who wants to know all of the angles and be armed with every bit of info., before I make a decision.

ACooper

Thank goodness I am not alone!

I always imagine and plan for the worst so I can be relieve and happy (most of the time) when it doesn't come to that.

It drives Kevin INSANE! He calls me a pessimist! :mad:

Members online

No members online now.