Coat Colors...Favs and Least Favs?

Juicy

I'll say I don't think I'm much of a fan on SOLID colors, but in some breeds, white is amazing, because its rare to fine a solid white dog since its hard to maintain.

Toller_08

I'm not so much picky about colour as I am about dogs whose pigment blends with the coat (So, black coat, black pigment... red coat, flesh pigment, etc.).

That being said, I like dogs with a solid colour base coat and white markings (Border Collies, Tollers, etc.), sable, fawn/mahogany with a black mask (like Tango, or Belgian Tervs), tri-colours, and some merles (but I am very picky when it comes to merles). Oh, and solids with tan/rust markings. I do generally prefer browns and reds over black, but not always. I'm not a fan of solid coloured dogs, with the exception of Belgian Groenendaels and Flat-Coats nor am I a huge fan of brindle or yellowish shades.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I love Chloe's color and I love a lot of colors it just depends on the breed really..

my least favorite would be solid white though...

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Oh, yeah, and about markings. Like Devon, I like solid colors with white markings. For example, I love Millie's markings (black base coat; white chest, stomach, & chin; 3 paws with bits of white, and one white paw with black spots).

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Merle! (Red and blue merle), also including Dapples (specifically in Dachshunds), black and tans, reds, brindles and reverse brindles. Yellow and chocolate labs

I don't like black in Labs, even though I have a black lab and a foster black lab X as well as having another black labbie next month :p

S

Squishy22

All time fave is red merle, then blue merle.

I also like Rich chocolate, champagne, sable, white, black, deep red, and cream. Really depends on breed.

Dont really care for tan all that much.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
My favorite color would be Zaphods color. I'm not sure what it's called? But I love that on Zaphod.

There are a few others, like a red brindle with a real white body. Usually I like dog that have a nice clean white color with defined patches of another color, as long as the patches are really defined.

Really for me, it depends heavily on the dog and how the dog looks in that color. I've seen some stunning black dogs, or white dogs. It depends on the dog really :)

S

Squishy22

I'll say I don't think I'm much of a fan on SOLID colors, but in some breeds, white is amazing, because its rare to fine a solid white dog since its hard to maintain.
The very reason why I love somyeds. Very pretty solid white. GORGEOUS!

Akitas always have an awesome mixture of white and other colors. I'm not a fan of solids either, but I'm in love with pure black and DEEP red chows. Danes are breath taking in pure black.

Rotties gotta have the rich rusty markings.

Members online