You guys are going to get sick of Ella pics

Saje

Island dweller
Awesome! And I love how glossy Ella is :D Shine baby shine!

This little lens is only around $100 depending on where you go and will give you an aperature of 1.8. Which is awesome. On the d40 and d40x you have to manual focus it BUT if you upgrade your body later it will autofocus. Manual focusing can be difficult but if you want the dof it`s a great, affordable option.

As for why you are only getting an f5 or f5.6 on your zoom.... well you have a range of f4 - f5.6 when it is fully open (i believe) but if you are zoomed as far out as possible your widest aperture will be f5.6 compared to f4 at the shortest focal lengths. Does that make sense

Chewbecca

feel the magic
yes! thank you!
But which lens is only $100??? The 55-200 mm? Or? And if you're talking about the 55-200 mm lens, are you saying that will give me an apeture of f1.8?

eeek, this stuff is kind of confusing.:lol-sign:

Saje

Island dweller
yes! thank you!
But which lens is only $100??? The 55-200 mm? Or? And if you're talking about the 55-200 mm lens, are you saying that will give me an apeture of f1.8?

eeek, this stuff is kind of confusing.:lol-sign:
ROFL! I guess I should have put the link.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/5018daf.htm

That one. It`s a fixed lens and is really nice, consistent, sharp quality. I don`t know much about the d60 and d60x so I`m not sure which lenses it`s compatible with. I`ll look for you. Pretty sure you`re going to have manual focus with that one but it is a nice addition to your collection.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
oooh!!! I got this one! hehehehehe!
I had no idea how to manually focus.:lol-sign:
Once Saje told me, it was really easy. I mean, stand-still objects, that is, are easy to manually focus in on. Now, give me a moving object...uh, that will most likely be a no-go.:lol-sign:

jess2416

Who woulda thought
She looks sooooo much LIGHTER with this camera, in some of the pictures she looks more of a chocolate brownish... (on my moniter anyway)

Chewbecca

feel the magic
You're right, Jess. It shows her true color more. Or at least the color she is in the light. She's not a black dog, like she appears in all her pics. She's actually seal (black with red undertones), which makes her look a dark chocolate brown.:)

It's because I'm taking her pic with a good camera now.:D
Er, not that my panasonic point and shoot was bad, but it was limited compared to this one.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Ooo SEAL BROWN....

I lurve that color :D

She is such a pretty girl :)

I want to meet her :D

S

Squishy22

I am so flippin jealous!! Those pics are just AMAZING compared to your previous pictures. WOW!!! I can actually see what ella REALLY looks like. Shes a gorgeous dog. I demand more pics!!

Is it a Nikon D40 you have? My fiance and I just got back from best buy looking at SLR cameras. I am still torn between the Nikon D40, Canon EOS rebel, and a Sony Alpha.

I hate decisions... :rolleyes:

Chewbecca

feel the magic
thanks! I have a Nikon D60x.
I am going to be LOVING using this and working with it. :D

No new pics today, though, I have TOO much to do and don't have time.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.:D

Staff online

Members online