I know he wasnt a dog, but I miss him.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
last night my blue parakeet Odie passed on. He started acting sick last night at about 10PM. I held him in my hands from 10 untill he passed on at 1:30AM. There was nothing that anybody could have done to save him. He died comfortably and surrounded by loved ones. He had a good life with his pal Ozzy (a white and grey parakeet). It was extremely hard on me becuase this is the first time I have ever seen anything die, let alone hold them in my hands while they pass. I just take comfort in knowing that Odie is comfortable and not suffering. Right before he passed he let out a really weak and soft chirp and wrapped his wing around my finger almost as if he was giving me a hug.
Ozzy seems to miss Odie greatly.

It is weird becuase the day before yesterday I bought an Albino Parakeet which is still in quarentine (new birds get quarentined for thirty days before joining the rest of the flock) I still havent come up with a name for the new guy. I was going to name him Ollie to match Odie and Ozzy, but now I just don't know. My second choice for a name was Gizmo.

I am sorry if this doesnt belong here, if it doesnt please move it to the appropriate place.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i have had some special parakeets in the past, one in particular. I also know how impacting seeing something die for the first time too. All the beauty is there and all the beauty is gone too. I am sorry for your loss. I hope the days pass quickly for your bird will need company soon.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear about Odie. What a special boy he was. I think the name Ollie would be perfect for your new addition.

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
Here is a picture of our new guy. I think I have decided on Gizmo for a name...

ANd poor Ozzie is sooo sad without Odie...

sp0322

I'm sorry.. I have tears in my eyes right now because he looks like my old bird Tweety.. We only had him and Sylvester for a few days and both died =/ It will be 8 years soon and I'm still mourning them. =/

Awwww....I'm so sorry to hear about Odie!!!!:( I had Parakeets when I was growing up and they were great....so much personality!!!! RIP sweet Odie!!!
(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Members online

No members online now.