Panting without excercise?

tomatoboi

hey guys, dogs pant when to cool down right? so is it normal if my puppy pants alot.. even when shes not excercising or doing anything. this started a few weeks ago.. she would come to us, and s tart panting.

tomatoboi

no its not hot inside or outside my house and yeah , she stops in a c ouple of minutes.. but i just find itweird that she would pant when shes not really doing anything

Maxy24

I'd give your vet a call and see what they say. I'm no vet and can't see what is happening with him. Just see what the vet says. Does he seem distressed or show any other abnormal signs?

I agree with Maxy24, you should really ask your vet. If she is not doing anything and it's not hot, strange that she pants so much. Dogs may also pant when they are afraid of something (for example, thunder or some bang) or stressed. If it's nothing abnormal and special in surroundings, then I would advise you to examine her with vet.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Hmm. Banzai does this. However, he has a thick, fuller coat than Buddy and Bella.

What may be warm or cool to us may not be for our pets. For instance, I am fine and dandy cuddling with Banzai but he gets HOT. And he'll move away after a short while and pant until he has cooled down. He'll lay in the sun for a short while and then move away and pant to cool down.

I don't know what kind of dog you have, but keep the above in mind. Was your dog laying in the sun? Are you sure the dog wasn't playing? What was the dog doing before she came to you panting?

Also, be sure that you have fresh water available at all times. :)

Good luck!

Is you pup trying to play with you when she does it? Wrigley will do a laugh/pant when he is trying to play with us generally while in a play bow (front half down and butt up in the air).

Members online

No members online now.