Just back online, New Temp(?)Addition/Rescue

LauraLeigh

I have a new (Temp?) addition.... A 2 year old female Chihuahua. She came to me by way of a customer at work who was a co-worker of her owner. She is moving away after a divorce and needed to find a home for her dog, fasssst and was going to take her to a local shelter. I offered to take her (Turns out she has the mother as well but wants to *sell* her because she is a good **Mommy**):rolleyes: I honestly thought about it, however the Mom is DA and my Terriers would likely not tolerate her... This one though, according to her owner is too small and scared of her own shadow and no one wants to buy her:mad: She gave her to me along with a full wardrobe (likely hundreds of dollars in clothes and she was too ignorant to see how skinny this poor thing was!!!!) I think the Mom has bullied this poor thing out of the food bowl for a while and likely picked on her as well as she is scared. She is not barky and not mean at all, just very nervous. She weighs.... Ready for this??? 2lbs6ounces!!!!!! I have a vet appointment for her to have her looked over. I am so sickened by how skinny this poor girl is!!!!!

She is only nervous in some situations though, and happily goes to new people or for walks, she went to the races with us the other night and did fine until It got cold and then Jen brought her home, even with her coat on she was shivering. I have noticed she shivers even here i the house sometimes if the house is on the cold side, so I watch her for that and do use her normal dog sweaters when she is cold.

I have so much to do, thought I'd pop in and share her story and a few pictures (REALLY bad, from the Point and shoot with bad light... sorry.. will get some btter ones asap!!!)

milos_mommy

Ickk...I hope you can get her better, both physically and mentally.

Do you still have the baby raccoon?

noludoru

Bored Now.
Welcome back! She's adorable. OMFG at her owners.. hundreds in clothes and they couldn't go to the extra lengths to feed their dog? I bet you can sell them on ebay.. to pay for her care or maybe donate to a rescue or soemthing.

LauraLeigh

I never thought of selling the clothes, hmmmm maybe I will do that or donate them to a local raffle table for one of ou local rescues... I tried her on Orijen but she was not keen on it, or wellness. She likes soft foods, I wonder if she has a hard time eating kibble? I have never seen such a tiny adult dog.... I will talk it over with my vet for sure.

LauraLeigh

A couple of new pictures to show how small she is... sheesh

In a Ball Cap... Eyes Closed.... Silly pre flash went off

By a PB jar, funny cause we call her peanut alot....

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Ohh she is so tiny! Bless you for taking her. What a beautiful little one. I hope she puts some weight on fast, and finds a forever home where she can be un-nervous and (probably preferably) an only dog with an old lady mummy <3

lizzybeth727

What a cute dog! She's so lucky to have you.

As tiny as she is, she might not be too underweight.... I can't imagine a dog that's able to fit in a ball cap weighing more than about 2-3 lbs. Be careful putting weight on her, it's hard to find a chihuahua NOT overweight.

If you do decide to sell the clothes, don't forget to keep several sweaters for her! My chihuahua is not comfortable unless it's about 85 degrees (she's now snuggled between me and a warm blanket, and it's only 72 degrees in my house). She starts to shiver if it's less than about 65 degrees, unless she's exercising. My friend has a chihuahua about 3.5 lbs and very little fur, she has to wear a sweater all the time, and in the winter she'll wear two or three layers and still shiver!

Dekka

Just try me..
awwww

I had a suggestion about food. If she likes soft and she needs weight you could go with one of the premade raw (they are ground up..if you haven't fed them before) they can be pricey but its not like she will eat much.

LauraLeigh

What a cute dog! She's so lucky to have you.

As tiny as she is, she might not be too underweight.... I can't imagine a dog that's able to fit in a ball cap weighing more than about 2-3 lbs. Be careful putting weight on her, it's hard to find a chihuahua NOT overweight.
You can clearly see her backbone and feel every bump and rib, she is VERY underweight. I won't allow her to end up fat:) but she needs some meat o her bones.

If you do decide to sell the clothes, don't forget to keep several sweaters for her! My chihuahua is not comfortable unless it's about 85 degrees (she's now snuggled between me and a warm blanket, and it's only 72 degrees in my house). She starts to shiver if it's less than about 65 degrees, unless she's exercising. My friend has a chihuahua about 3.5 lbs and very little fur, she has to wear a sweater all the time, and in the winter she'll wear two or three layers and still shiver!
She only had two sweaters in about 60 outfits, and I will keep them.. The rest are "Christmas Dresses" Blingy type things...... I have noticed she gets cold easy and keep her sweaters handy for that reason alone. I find sometimes people think she is scared when really she's cold.... so I watch her carefully. Winter will be tough for sure!!

Dekka, I may try that, she will ot be expesive to feed thats for sure!!!

Members online

No members online now.