NOW what?!?!?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
This morning, out of the blue... Ilsa's limping. She her elbow is a bit swollen, and she won't put weight on it. She has range of motion, but she whimpers when I test it.

:(:(:(

I'm making a vet appointment for her tomorrow morning, I can't get her in today. WHY did she have to pick Christmastime to fall apart? :(

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Correction - she can put a little weight on it, and jump up onto the couch. But she's still not happy about it.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Awwww! Ilsa! Could she have not bumped it and the cold is making it worse?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
She's really got me worried... there's anythign it could be, and I'm burnt through nearly $700 in ONE month on her vet bills... thank god I had the money. But if much more happens... I don't know how much more my bank account will handle.

Merrrry Christmas... :(

A

Angel Chicken

Hopefully she's just getting down 'cause of her age... she is pushing 7 right?

Cold weather might be a factor too.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Yeah, she'll be 7 in February.

Honestly, I think it's a domino effect - one thing is setting off something else, etc.

The pred is making her drink a lot, which is making her pee a lot, paired with her spay incontinence... she's been peeing in the house every day because she just can't hold it.

Now she's got a bum elbow - maybe she slipped on the ice, maybe Ronin crashed into her, maybe it's something more serious. I'll find out tomorrow, hopefully. :(

ACooper

Oh the poor darling :( I know it's hard NOT to think of the money, but I hope they can figure it out and get her feeling good ASAP, before Christmas would be great. That would be the best gift you could give her :)

(((((HUGS))))) little sweet girl, feel better very soon.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Yeah, that's really ALL I want for Christmas.
I set up the ex-pen for her, nice poofy bed (with a layer of piddle pads, then a blanket over top). Bully stick she won't chew, and a small pail of water. She's not moving much, so I have an ice pack wedged against her elbow which seems to be helping a lot - the swelling is down a littl ebit!

*sigh* I wish I didn't have to go to work. :(

R

RedyreRottweilers

boy oh boy. Pain like that while she is also taking pred is strange. I hope she just twisted it.

How much pred is she on? The water compsumption and urination can be a real problem, esp. on the higher doses.

If she is not wanting to chew the bully stix try natural bones. You can usually find beef ribs at your local grocery and they are not huge, might be something good to encourage her to chew?

((hugs)) you have been through the wringer with her lately.....

Last edited by a moderator:

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
UPDATE:

She has a vet appointment tomorrow at 9:30am.

Today I came home to her gnawing on a... BULLY STICK! YAYY!

Annd she's not limping as severely as she was this morning. Still limping, but not as bad.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Whohoo! I hope she continues to get better.

It's hard when so many things come up out of the blue. Seems Blaze would wake up one morning with something wrong. Spent over $1000 in vet bills since I've gotten him :(

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Of course, now she's barely limping at all... crazy dog. She's still going in because I need more prednisone, but she'll still have her leg checked out.

Ugh, I just want her to be the dog she was when she was younger. I hate that she's getting old. :(

Members online