The Venting Thread

Grab

My internet is horribly slow. This is a continuing trend. I want to switch companies, but the lad has it in the head that the other company is worse. It cannot be worse than crawling at a snail's pace. Why am I paying for high speed broadband and then poking along at a horribly slow pace?!!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I crave weight when I sleep, I use heavy horse like blankets to add to my comfort. Denis teases me but its all in good fun, I tease him about being a polar bear and needing to sleep with almost nothing and practically naked. I can't imagine it. I oddly can't even sit on the couch for a prolonged period without a blanket and I feel better with a napkin on my lap at a dinner table.

It's just who I am, I was embarrassed of a lot as a kid but I don't think heavy blankets was ever a sore spot.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Well, they don't really look any different than a regular blanket...
No but they feel different, mine was not a made one so I didn't have any control over what it looked like & everyone that came over was like "whimy is it so heavy? So I guess they went home & asked their parents about it, I was really young but this was the late 80's - early 90's in a suburb they was very much like the one in Edward Scissorhands lol. So I guess their parents didn't want them hanging out sith me because they thought I must be "unstable" I remember overhearing my parents talk about it.

Grab

I wouldn't have thought it would be widely known to most John Q. Public parents back then (or now, for that matter) what a weighted blanket was?

FG167

I crave weight when I sleep, I use heavy horse like blankets to add to my comfort. Denis teases me but its all in good fun, I tease him about being a polar bear and needing to sleep with almost nothing and practically naked. I can't imagine it. I oddly can't even sit on the couch for a prolonged period without a blanket and I feel better with a napkin on my lap at a dinner table.

It's just who I am, I was embarrassed of a lot as a kid but I don't think heavy blankets was ever a sore spot.
This is pretty much me. My first thought was - oooo I wonder if I could get a weighted blanket...I have never been embarrassed of it though - I just like the weight!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I wouldn't have thought it would be widely known to most John Q. Public parents back then (or now, for that matter) what a weighted blanket was?
Yeah, I would be pretty sure the blanket wasn't the reasoning to the unstable claim.

It sucks for any kid to feel like an outsider though, maybe a lesson can be learned here in tolerance of others.

Airn

I have no idea what it is. But I wouldn't be freaked out if my friend had one. I'd just be like "That's a heavy ass blanket."

Yeah, lets just tell someone they should be embarrassed. I'm sure that won't upset them in any way. :rolleyes:

Cue another "Me me me" post from DD.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Whatever, don't care how it looks, I was simply making a statement. Think me selfish if you want, but this is the internet & we can't see each other's expressions on here, so you don't know for sure. I can assure you that I am not a "me, me, me," person ... LOL, if I was I wouldn't hate going out in public & have so much anxiety about it.

Also, I thought this was a venting thread, where posters share their vents. So in a way isn't ANYONE who vents on here having a "me me me" moment? don't they too, on some level want people to see their posts & reply to it? You know this is true, so why single me out simply because you do not like me? IMHO that sais more about you than me.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
My anxiety is mostly under control at this point. Usually, the worst I get is a day where I worry excessively.

Last night I drank a bunch at a neighbour's BBQ and watched World War Z before going to bed. I have no idea, but my guess is that didn't help...

OVERWHELMING sense of doom and dread that I just couldn't shake. It was awful. I felt like the world was crumbling around me and that I just can't bear the world I live in (not in a suicidal sense, more in a "omg I can't handle this" sense).

I have a perfectly good, great life right now. I'm annoyed and frustrated that I felt this way. I used to have crippling attacks like that regularly, but I've worked HARD and made many positive changes to solve it. Now I'm debating some therapy to re-balance myself.

Or a weighted blanket, this thread is convincing me more and more. :p

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Whatever, don't care how it looks, I was simply making a statement. Think me selfis. if you want, but this is the internet & we can't see each other's expressions on here, so you don't know for sure. I can assure you that I am not a "me, me, me," person ... LOL, if I was I wouldn't hate going out in public & have so much anxiety about it.

Also, I thought this was a venting thread, where posters share their vents. So in a way isn't ANYONE who vents on here having a "me me me" moment? don't they too, on some level want people to see their posts & reply to it? You know this is true, so why single me out simply because you do not like me? IMHO that sais more about you than me.
Actually, people have constantly told you they DON'T want you replying to them and making their vent about you. So no, they don't want people to respond all the time. They.. Want a pplaceto get something off their chest. like this thread was made for.

yv0nne

Vizsla mom
Based on the name, weighted blanket, I guessed it was a blanket that was heavy. Duh. I guess I meant to ask what is it for? Just a comfort thing? I could see really liking one.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Based on the name, weighted blanket, I guessed it was a blanket that was heavy. Duh. I guess I meant to ask what is it for? Just a comfort thing? I could see really liking one.
They are most often used with sensory conditions. You could call it pressure therapy I think. The weight (pressure) is comforting and relieves anxiety, stress, or just what can be described as restlessness. One way they can be used is for children to help them relieve their anxiety when other ways to relieve the anxiety wouldn't be appropriate. Like for example a child who has ADHD, jumping up and running around for a few minutes is a way to release that stress, energy, anxiety, however you would like to call it. However in a traditional school setting (and others as well) this may not always be appropriate. Instead they can use a weighted blanket, vest, or lap mat and it will help accomplish the same or similar.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Lovebugs.

Go away. Seriously, no one loves you.

(They are bad every year, but this year they are absolutely HORRIBLE. You honestly cannot drive without murdering whats seems like thousands of them... it looks and feels like it's raining lovebugs. Plus they stink. Ugh.)

Members online