Just wondering Labradoodle vs Purebreeds so to speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LabBreeder

who are you talking to princess?

In regards to the last post. Was that just a general sweeping statement or directed at someone in particular?

Roxy's CD

princesspoppy I know that 5 weeks is too soon and there are plenty of things a mother teaches them that Hades missed out on, hence our horrible time house training him, BUT I DIDN'T TAKE HIM AWAY just because! His mother had already been taken away from him at 4 weeks. I worked extra hard with him, socializing and such just because of the fact he was taken away at such a young age. Me, my bf and Roxy all helped raise him to be teh well behaved boy that he is today.

And we've never had any trouble with him "mouthing" despite the fact that he was taken away from his littermates at 5 weeks and despite the fact that he's a pittbull! Our main problem as I mentioned was housebreaking.

To the OP: I'm sorry if I seemed rude in my previous post but it seemed like a direct hit to me, seeing as I think I'm the only one here that got my pitt at 5 weeks.

You seem to be genuninely interested in going to a good breeder that's not just in it for the money. I wish you luck with your pup whenever you get it and you have to post pics!

bubbatd

Civility re -enters ....Thanks !!! Grammy didn't want to get a switch and take anyone back behind the woodshed.!!

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
MomOf7 said:
Whoa there!
Question...Does the parents of this pup have thier OFA , Cerf, PRA test. What is it that they are breeding for if it isnt for a hypoallergenic dog? What is a Labradoodle suppose to do? Who is deciding this? Do you ever see labradoodle breeders uniting across the world to hold events and keep track of performances?
What makes these particular dogs a good representative to this breed? What makes these dogs so outstanding that they should be bred?
Now I might be impressed if these so called new dog breed breeders actually did some scientific work to put together the perfect dog. Using more than 2 types of dogs to create a perfect dog with certain goals in mind for it.
That I could see. That is how the breeds we have come to love now were made. Now we have more scientific advances it would make it that much better. If someone were dedicated to this they would not charge an outragous price for a pup untill the line is completely clean and consistant.

These doodle breeders granted some do make a effort for health and do give guarantees, They didnt do the research not like it should have been looking at todays advances in science. Sorry Just doesnt cut it for me.
However you have already closed your mind to what could be true. I will not try to convince you. Just trying to give you information that makes sense.
Hope you are happy with your pup and I wish you and yours the best.
Again I pose these questions that I previously asked that no one acknowledged.
What is the purpose for labradoodles? What were they designed for? I have seen anywhere from hypoallergenic non shedding which isnt true. All the way to companion dogs......
Dont we have enough breeds to cover these needs? Why do we need another group of breeds? What makes them so outstanding?
I have seen alot of doodles in shelters. Most with some type of problem.
Arent there more scientific ways to perfecting a breed? Why arent those methods being used?
Honestly I will not condone doodles or doodle breeders even IF they are doing health clearances and health guarantees. We simply do not need another breed of dogs in this country or any other. AND..I truely believe they are breeding them to line thier pockets. I do all the same health clearances as they do. I do all the research of lines to produce a great dog as they do if not more...What makes thier dogs worth so much more than mine or for that matter anyother well bred dog who has the clearances and titles behind it to prove that its of worth? I just dont get it?!!
I will not ever ever ever ever ever ever ever look at a labradoodle breeder as being responsible. If for nothing else for this reason....WE DONT NEED ANOTHER BREED OF DOG! How are they doing the dog world justice? Arent there enough mixed breeds in the shelters?

Sorry Grammy....:mad:

L

LabBreeder

I agree with Mom. However, what can we do to stop mix breeding for profit and the supposed "taking the best of each breed and making a better breed"? You can't really talk to the breeders of doodles (or puggles, doberrotts, etc) because they get mad and defensive. If someone, or a group of someone's, wants to mix and match to get another breed (with standards/certs/health/etc) going, what can WE do to stop it? *seriously*

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Doodleluvr.... thanks for answering the question about the money.

I wasnt trying to be rude or prying... it just seemed like 18k was a lot for a "pet".

This thread has gotten totally out of control... but when are you getting your puppy?

MomOf7

Evil Kitty taco eater
LabBreeder said:
I agree with Mom. However, what can we do to stop mix breeding for profit and the supposed "taking the best of each breed and making a better breed"? You can't really talk to the breeders of doodles (or puggles, doberrotts, etc) because they get mad and defensive. If someone, or a group of someone's, wants to mix and match to get another breed (with standards/certs/health/etc) going, what can WE do to stop it? *seriously*
Cant stop it...It is what it is.
Very soon doodles will be out and some other type of mix will be in.

Im not trying to offend the original poster. Hope you get a lovely puppy.

Sheka

Ok, im really sick of the doodle debate. This lady is gonna get her doodle no matter what eether of us say, Some people are just stubborn. Oh and hes the great reason why she doesnt want a poodle "her husband thinks they are girly"..Wow. U dont have to give the poodle that haricut and without it they dont look "girly", infact they look alot more manly than labradoodles in my opinion. and with a poodle you actually pay FOR AN ACTUAL BREED! *GASP* Lol. Be4 coming here i wanted a MINI AUSSIE more than anything in the world, alot like you. I found the "perfect" breeder and i researched so much. And then i adopted Kya and realised "WHY THE HECK WAS I GONNA PAY A THOUSAND FROM A THE RUNT OF AN AUSSIE LITTER?!". Ok fine doodlvr, get your precious labradoodle, but dont expect much support here. i dont know what u expected from this thread, but it seems like a pure debate started to me. if u dont wanna deal with us, fine. THese "designer dogs" already have books, and breeders. they probably have forums 2.

LabBreeder said:
I have a question doodleluvr. Is the first link supposed to show the difference between just the different generations or are these doodles supposed to be meeting with the doodle standards also? There were very few that looked alike. All the hair/fur was different lengths and there were so many different colors and looks and textures. Some looked like Labs some looked like Poodles and others just looked like a mix. It just doesn't look like a good site to promote the labradoodle with so many differences IMO. If it is just to show what different generations look like then I guess it's perfect because it certainly shows the difference between the gens and looks.
First one was just the gens and looks and if you looked at the multi generation the ones that stat Australian are more conformed and yes there are several colours....the majority being creame, black, brown in the multi......there is also a redish and lavendar (IMO looks like charcoal) those are considered rare.

bubbatd

Shall I lock this ???? It's going no where. And BTW... all of our lovable recognized breeds started somewhere.

Hey all this is the don't want a "girly" dog. My wife has enjoyed all of your responses some more then others and she still doesn't quite understand some of ya'lls I wouldn't say opions because everyone has a right to there own opion yes I think the poodle is a girly dog no matter how the hair is cut my strict opion. Just like I wouldn't get a Bassett Hound don't like them all MO.
My wife wasn't meaning to start a debate as of the Australian Labradoodle being a breed and it is her unfortune she may not have stated what she was meaning clearly enough for ya'll. Which after reading everything I have given her what I think you all are trying to say some more open minded then others. My wife is very hard headed or passionate. Labradoodle vs purebreed was probably a bad idea for her to put (she's not too bright at times LOL) I think by her puttin that is why it turned into a debate and that wasn't her intention. It was to see why when one dog was mentioned boom BYB. When there are so many BYB for not just mutts but purebreeeds also. It just seemed like to her that ya'll assumed at labradoodle it's some crackhead breeder that doesn't care for the dogs at all just wants the money, not always the case for any kind of dog. BYB are everywhere and not just for labradoodles every breed of dog and even mutts have BYB. Granted I think it's alot to pay for a dog. Do I think it's too much to pay for my son to have a best friend that loves him no matter what he does. Heck No, I would pay a million dollars for my son to have a companion like I had when I was a kid.

Sheka said:
Ok, im really sick of the doodle debate. This lady is gonna get her doodle no matter what eether of us say, Some people are just stubborn. Oh and hes the great reason why she doesnt want a poodle "her husband thinks they are girly"..Wow. U dont have to give the poodle that haricut and without it they dont look "girly", infact they look alot more manly than labradoodles in my opinion. and with a poodle you actually pay FOR AN ACTUAL BREED! *GASP* Lol. Be4 coming here i wanted a MINI AUSSIE more than anything in the world, alot like you. I found the "perfect" breeder and i researched so much. And then i adopted Kya and realised "WHY THE HECK WAS I GONNA PAY A THOUSAND FROM A THE RUNT OF AN AUSSIE LITTER?!". Ok fine doodlvr, get your precious labradoodle, but dont expect much support here. i dont know what u expected from this thread, but it seems like a pure debate started to me. if u dont wanna deal with us, fine. THese "designer dogs" already have books, and breeders. they probably have forums 2.
I've been reading this thread and purposly staying out of it because I knew it could only end badly....IT'S JUST GOTTEN SO NASTY!:mad:

I do have a Labradoodle. I'm well aware of the problems with Designer breeding, so I chose to have mine flown in from Australia and you'll hear no apologies from me. 4 of my 5 dogs are purebred rescues from "breeders" and I did do research (2 years before making a decision) on my Labradoodle before choosing where to get her from, (posted on other threads). I think the thing that I have such a hard time with is the cruel nature of the arguments.

I'm not a supporter of all but 2 breeders, the ones who are, and have been for many years, trying to acheive a standard. As for my own dog and what's so great about her. Here goes....
Sophie is the kindest, sweetest, most intelligent, willing to learn, most tollerant (helps me teach all my classes - from puppy classes to growl classes) one in a million dog...and she is 85 lbs of love...who incidentally does not shed.

Why did I not just get a Standard Poodle? While I love poodles, I train many of them and they are always top of the class, like many of you and the breeds that you have chosen, I found the Labradoodle more suited what I was looking for in a dog. I also love the Lab but due to severe allergies in my home (son with asthma) it was not an option. And no, my son is not the least bit allergic to Sophie.

There are many breeds/mixes owned by loving people on this forum that I would never want to have. I would still refrain from bashing that breed/mix or the person for having one. And no, this is not just a discussion on BYB's anymore. It is, and has been personal from the start.
And if you think that all breeds/mixes on Chaz were attained by "proper" means...you''d be fooling yourself.

No one likes BYB's or puppymills. Trust me, I deal with the horrors on a daily basis, but to say that Labradoodle=BYB or puppy mill is just plain ignorance. It's easy to get on the Doodle lynch wagon, I hate what's happening with them myself ...but the personal attacks are just going too far.

It's hard to hear these "discussions" get so harsh, on both ends. If anyone so much as mentions Labradoodle, the posts get so cruel, so fast!:mad: Please don't forget that we all love our dogs. You can have your points, many are valid, but please just try to show a little decorum.

Like Grammie and I believe Saje said.....WE'RE BEATING A DEAD HORSE!!...what an awful saying..:rolleyes:

bubbatd said:
Shall I lock this ???? It's going no where. And BTW... all of our lovable recognized breeds started somewhere.
Thank you, you tried to say this many, many post ago. I hope your message gets across, I suspect mine won't.:(

bubbatd

Everyone is entitled to an opinion ....all have posted theirs. Therefore I consider this closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.