Happy birthday, Tango!

Toller_08

Today (Jan. 24th) is Tango’s 4th birthday. Over the past year, she’s been able to overcome many of her issues – both fear and anxiety based. She’s a much more confident dog; not as skittish and nervous. She used to be terrified of children and with lots of work, she now adores them. As soon as she spots a child, her tail starts wagging and she gets so excited and so hopeful that she might get to meet them. I never thought that day would come.

Not only that, but I can take her out for a walk stress free knowing now that she’s not going to go completely insane at the sight of another dog; in fact, most of the time she walks right past them now without so much as a sniff. She ignores most of them completely (with the exception of a few breeds, and overly dominant dogs). That may not seem so great to a lot of people, but this is a dog that would freak out and go insane at the sight of any dog while on leash. So, she may not be perfect around all dogs now, but she’s far better than what she was. Hopefully with more time, I’ll be able to get her more trusting and comfortable with most any dog. This year, I’m hoping that because she’s better around other dogs now, that I’ll be able to get started with her in Agility as I know she’ll love it. We tried once, but she couldn’t cope with all of the other dogs in class. I think she’ll be a whole lot better now.

Besides her very few issues, Tango has been the absolute best dog I could ever ask for. I find it hard to believe she’s only been in my life for four years; I honestly don’t know what I did without her. She is my life. Pretty much everything I do revolves around her. I can’t even enjoy a “holiday” without her. Last year when we went to visit relatives for a week or so and couldn’t bring any of the dogs, I couldn’t stop think about her and how much she would have enjoyed going to the lake, camping, etc. Everything I did, I would’ve enjoyed so much more had she been with me. I know I’ll never, ever have another dog like her. She’s been such an easy dog in many ways, but she’s also been a ton of work. I don’t think it would be at all possible to bond as closely with another dog as I have with her. I hope that I’ll be able to have many, many more years with her. I can’t imagine life without her. Happy birthday, Tango!

She went from being this adorable pup....

^ 4 weeks

^ 3 months

^ 4.5 months (all ears and legs!)

...Into the beautiful adult she is now. Here are some of pictures I took yesterday on one of our walks:

*More coming*

Toller_08

Two from last night:

Bored and tired, ready for bed and wondering why I was looking through a book instead of joining her...

That's all of them!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Happy Birthday! Enjoy your special day! What a beautiful young lady you've become!

Members online