How much

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
AH. :D They're talking about you in the Seal thread in the fire hydrant jess... You and Coop should check it out. :D

maple

Queen of the Jungle
IDK he is a friend of my bfs family. Hes a good guy.
Hes probly breeding only a few times so he doesnt 1. over populate the world with unwanted dogs and 2. Not wear his female out w/ pups
I dont know what he does with his dogs. I have only met him a good handful of times..
I like to think of myself as a good person, but that doesn't make me a good dog breeder.
Seriously. You're going to do what you want anyways, but there is lots of good advice why you should find a quality breeder and what to look for in a quality breeder.
It sounds like ANYtime this person is breeding their poor female they are contributing to the overall overpopulation. Do you know how many homeless animals are killed daily, weekly, annually?? The number is astronomical.

Romy

Taxiderpy
What you could do to find a more affordable leo, is contact as many breeders as you can. You did mention that you were interested in a somewhat older puppy because you have young children. Well, here is an idea:

Contact the breeders, and tell them you are interested in an older puppy or a retired breeding adult. A good responsible breeder will take back a puppy they have bred if the buyer can not keep them for whatever reason, and so there stands a decent chance some breeder out there may have an older return puppy, or a spayed ex-breeder female that is somewhere between 4-6 years old. Typically, these dogs cost much less to purchase than a brand new puppy and have some training in them. Most breeders at that point are just on the lookout for a really good permanent home for them.

SarahFair

Ok well yall are acting like this guy is breeding the worst dogs possible! GOLLY! Yall are awful sometimes!
You jump down my throat for just mentioning I know someone that breeds.
He has not sold all the pups because he can not find the best possible homes yet. He doesnt put out ads in the paper for creeps that are lurking. Hes had a bunch of pups stolen in the past..
Its not like its a side job to breed the dogs. I know they are registered. AND i know this doesnt make them the best dogs either. But just because they were bred doesnt mean they are the worst dogs in the world so quit jumping down my back for something I never did! please.
and thank you.

and no he will not put them in the shelters. He only has like 1 or 2. He will keep them if thats what has to happen.
You make him sound like he is an irrisposible person and it kinda hurts my feelings yall talk this way

And yes I do live in Ga :)

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
If his dogs are not health tested, bare minimum, and he has no goals with his breeding other than "they're cute, I can sell them, oops, or because everyone wants one" then he is being irresponsible...period.

Members online