Meet Kangals- CAS + Many more Rare breeds Premier MI Next Weekend

Want to meet a Central Asian Shepherd? a Kangal? A Akbash a Estrela, Chinook, Bergamasco, Bracco Italiano,C hart Polski, Dogo Argentine, to name a few Rare ones ( none akc) .

Kalamazoo MI- Father day weekend.
Fri Sat Sun + Top ten over 1200 dogs - 152 breeds entered many breeds never seen.
Dont believe the hype on the net meet them for yourself.
Protection Agility dock diving clinics fun fun fun see note bottom,
Protection

http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/WebPages/Event2008PREMIERSpectators
http://www.ukcdogs.com/WebSite.nsf/WebPages/Event2008PREMIERSpectators

Follow the Camels and the Nomads for the CAS,

SPECTATOR NOTE: We, at United Kennel Club, love all dogs and encourage everyone to spend time with theirs; however, we ask that when attending PREMIER as a spectator,
you please leave your dog at home.
This is a national UKC licensed event, all dogs here are competitors.

Well yes and no.

Molosser stock first show was in Albion Ny run by a now closed Corso club
Then the next show was run by me under the name Molosser Stock in Lockport NY
Very successfull Comformation show not so successfull protection event.
The folllowing 3 Years we ran a show under name http://www.molosserolympics.com
Including with a PP event that caused us to sop having Protection events but continued to have dog shows.

The Wny shows were the most successfull well run shows were under my club for 3 years. Based on over 100 dogs and over 25 breeds.

The owner of the Molosser stock first show moved down south and opened up a molosser sourthern show that was not well attended outside of the 2 breeds she bred.

Last year was the first year I did not have it - simply cause I went to the Mexican world show and it cost me the 4,000 it cost to under write the show.

This year decided not to have a Molosser show while we waited for a lawsuit from a slip and fall person was done and we got the news the judge after 3 years thrown out.
Costing insurance and us companies thousands.

So next year we will be back with a Molosser show in Californa and Buffalo.

Hope this helps the OLD Molosserstock people are not having dog shows any more.
But we still are.

Amstaffer

Gas prices and family issues are going to keep me from going again this year. I even had a hotel reserved and everything. Oh well....maybe next year.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
I would love to go to this. *sigh* If only I were a bit closer and not planning one or two summer trips as it is. Hmph.

Q734

Ooooooh I want to go to this!

I didn't see a list of breeds set to be there tho on the site.

I'd love to see a chart polski/azawakh/taigan (insert rare sighthound here lol) in person.

Thanks, PM. Now I know.

I had wanted to go to the one that had been held in Charlotte, NC. It's about a half-day's drive for me, so it was do-able. The others aren't, sadly :(

My friend, Amy, who has Filas there near Charlotte, had told me about the one there when she was getting ready to go.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
I've met four of those breeds :D
At the house I used to live in my neighbor had an absolutly WONDERFUL Chinook..I loved that GORGEOUS dog!

Sadly some are coming that are anti comformation people and who have attacked those that show with lies.

I ask this very very sincere please do NOT take pics or video of me or my dogs.
I co own ever CASD entered.

I am taking measures to protect my dogs as soon as I arrive.

R-
Their is a club that has working events that came from the MS show.
They have TT and stuff but the comformation event is limited to Presa and corso.
Check dogocanario.org they may have something down south for u.
Out in Texas fila people get together all the time for events for this breed.

Yah . . . I would as soon go to Hell as Texas though, lol! Besides, it's closer to go up to NY than to Texas.

And I kinda avoid a bunch of Fila people together . . . you can get a real concentration of some real crazies :eek: I'm pretty much an outlaw with the hard-core crazy contingent, since I believe - and have proven - that a dog with a hard temperament and a background of hard temperaments is intelligent and adaptable enough to live in the modern world without losing her instincts as a guardian.

R then u would or should get along with Tina N from Texas she trains her dogs in PP and they do have OFF switches and she has proven the dogs can retain hatrid and still be adaptable in a public area.
I spent a week with her and 2 filas a cas and 3 humans.
Thou not friendly they adapted well to commands.

OR BTu we have the crazies in the Ovcharka breeds and the cults that follow bad breeders who like u said believe if u can show your dog or u dog is NOT attacking all in site it is NOT correct for the breed.
Yes the Caucasian Ovcharka is harder than the Central Asian.
The standards call for different things.

But they can and will adapt if socialized to do so.
We dont give the fila & Co enough credit to know when to defend.
My breed states MUST BE AMENDABLE to handling , Fault liable to anger.

Kharma's been able to take it a step farther than being amenable to commands - good since I'm not much into that sort of thing, lol. She's reached the point where she is comfortable making decisions about different people in different settings. She has learned that attention can be an enjoyable thing, and how to discern from attention that's okay and react accordingly, even to the point of being downright friendly - especially for a Fila - and attention that's not (i.e. anyone who stares at us even remotely wrong, even from a distance, gets to witness a full grown Fila standing on her haunches, howling insults, lol, and woe be unto the guy who makes any sort of lewd comment - she goes ballistic). She's quick to read people; some she tolerates, a few she likes, and some she keeps herself between them and me and never, ever stops watching them with that sideways, out of the corner of the eye Fila stare.

I love this dog :)

I think the trick was getting her out and giving her a chance to observe as much of human behavior as possible so that she'd have a wide base of experiences to use as a basis for her developing judgment as she matured.

Even as a puppy she took everything in. I do think it also was important that Kharma was absolutely fearless from the beginning and had a great deal of self confidence.

aivzdog

I know most of those rare dog breeds you named just because I am a dog breed expert.
I havent seen all of them but I know their names :)
I live for dogs.
Anna

Members online

No members online now.