your opinion on dog collars

4onthefloor

4 on the floor
We've just launched a new website for modern dog collars (martingale and buckle collars). I have 2 whippets and really wanted something different for them, and it just grew from there. I would appreciate opinions/comments on the site - good or bad!

www.4onthefloordogwear.com

Thanks so much!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
I think it's good. I like the layout, not too crowded, but enough :)

Hehe, I love the collar "Pink Pause".

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
This is funny because I was just shopping for collars this morning and grumbling about the lack of navigational ease on some sites. I like the layout of the site, it's basic, but it's sophisticated. I also like the print selections. Hmmm. :D

4onthefloor

4 on the floor
That's great to hear. I know what you mean - a lot of sites are too crowded and pics are too small.

Thanks for your reply!

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
hey, I was wondering, where do you get the harware for your collars? I am trying to start making collars for my dogs but cant seem to find hardware. I have found a few pieces (like buckles and nylon webbing) but am having trouble finding like D-Rings and sliders

Duane

Hi from another BC'er

Love the website, nice and clean. I'm living in Kitsilano and I have to drive down dark rainy (and very narrow) streets. What I have seen are some collars with LEDs in them. I thought these were great because nightime visibility is so important around here. Any chance you could be selling these?
Come to think of it... I think people should wear these too. It would probably make the pedestrian accident rate drop!

Cheers!
Duane
www.free-puppy-training.com

Chewbecca

feel the magic
hey, I was wondering, where do you get the harware for your collars? I am trying to start making collars for my dogs but cant seem to find hardware. I have found a few pieces (like buckles and nylon webbing) but am having trouble finding like D-Rings and sliders

Making my own leashes and from experience of dealing with hardware and searching for the best strength, durability, and quality, the only way, I think, to get that kind of hardware is to become a business and get your license and start buying wholesale from hardware companies.

That was how we were able to improve our hardware selection for our leashes.

But in case you're not looking for hardware that will hold an ox, you can probably find hardware at your local feed store/farm supply store and search any sewing shops like Joann's.

Hope that helps.:D

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
I dont know anything about business lisences. Does it cost alot to obtain one?
I found a place called strapworks.com that has 99% of what I need to make these leashes, at a fair price. But i have yet to place an order.

Chewbecca

feel the magic
oooh, strapworks has some nice stuff!

I was going to start dabbling in making collars this last summer, but my sewing room isn't temperature regulated well, and I lack space to really sit and sew things right now. So, I scrapped that idea for now.

I am dying to get my hands on some of that polypro webbing. I think that stuff would be great because it's waterproof and floats. I don't know if those are features you're looking for, but it's nice. Plus, I think polypro is softer and *maybe* easier to work with than regular nylon webbing.

I cannot remember what our business license cost us. It may vary state to state. I know when we got ours we had the option of adding the retail license...or whatever it's called (it's the license that allows you to purchase wholesale, for wholesale prices, from other companies because you're a business).
If you end up making a LOT of collars, that license will come in handy because hardware can get EXPENSIVE.

I know the business license might have cost us $100 tops. I can ask Ben when he gets home this afternoon.:D

Members online

No members online now.