Cava-lon puppy?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I'm glad you changed your mind. And kudos to you for being open to learning. :)

bubbatd

^^^ I agree !! So many think we want to flame them , when all we want to do is warn and educate . Anxious to see your baby when you get it !

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Congrats on making the right decision. Its nice when you see people do the right thing. And yes we want to pictures of your new baby when you get him or her.

Now just to find you a reputable breeder.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
thank you to everyone for your feedback. ive clicked on quite of few of the sites you provided and while i was on the fence before about pet stores i am dead set against it now. having said all that i think im going to go with a cavalier king charles as my choice. the picture i DID see of the cavalon looked more like a cavalier than a papillon so i figure i should probably stick with the purebred.

again thank you for all your advice :)
That's good to hear! I'm not too involved with cavs, so I don't have any breeder suggestions, just make sure they health screen- cavs have quite a few genetic issues.

Maxy24

I'm so glad you changed your mind! Cavs are a great breed a few people here have them. We would love to help you find good breeders. Here is the list from the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club of America page http://www.ackcsc.org/breeder.htm

If you go to a dog show you could also ask the Cavalier handlers if they know of any good breeders in your area. Good Luck in your search!

Good decision, and thank you for having an open mind. There are a few Cav owners in Chaz, maybe you can PM them and ask about the breed or where to find a reputable breeder. You can also check Petfinder or Google any Cav rescues aside from checking the various breed clubs.

Herschel

thank you to everyone for your feedback. ive clicked on quite of few of the sites you provided and while i was on the fence before about pet stores i am dead set against it now. having said all that i think im going to go with a cavalier king charles as my choice. the picture i DID see of the cavalon looked more like a cavalier than a papillon so i figure i should probably stick with the purebred.

again thank you for all your advice :)
Wait!!!

Are you sure you know everything you can about this breed?

"Heart mitral valve disease (MVD) is a terminal illness which afflicts over half of all Cavalier King Charles spaniels by the age of 5 years and nearly all Cavaliers by age 10 years, should they survive that long."
-http://cavalierhealth.org/index.html

Make sure you find the best possible breeder. Otherwise, your dog probably won't even live 10 years.

Read about their health here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalier_King_Charles_Spaniel

Members online

No members online now.