Cat + bathtub = mess

Boemy

Last night I decided to take a leisurely soak in a hot bath. I stretched out and, as usual, a couple cats wandered in to see what I was doing. I live by myself and the bathroom isn't near any windows, so the bathroom door is permanently open. Remy and Shadow sat on the edge of the tub, gazing contemplatively into the water. In an unusual display of affection, Remy began to groom Shadow's ears. She bent her head demurely, looking so sweet. "Good boy, good girl," I cooed encouragingly, grateful that they were getting along for once.

Then Shadow decided she'd had enough of pretending to be submissive and sweet, so she slapped Remy hard enough to knock him into the bathtub. It's hard to say who was more surprised, me or Remy. As for Shadow, she minced away as I heaved Remy out of the tub. The litterboxes are also in the bathroom and despite my best efforts, there's always a little loose litter in front of them. Naturally, Remy managed to pick up most of it on his scrawny, wet legs. Naturally, he then went running into my bedroom, leaving a trail of wet gravel behind him.

I abandoned my bath and tousled him semi-dry with my towel. He spent the next two hours grooming his tail with much indignation. And the whole time, Shadow sat at a safe distance, eyes wide and innocent, as if to say, "Poor kitty, what happened to him?" :rolleyes:

noludoru

Bored Now.
LMAO! That has happened here before, as well. well, there wasn't any shoving, Emma and Chili are more than clumsy enough on their own to fall into the tub.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
LOL! Admittedly I have had cats fall into the tub. It's a great argument for showers, but that doesn't mean it won't happen there either. My RIP cat GIz used to teeter atop the shower door and fly over the the sill, then back. I do believe he took particular pleasure in the look of horror on my face. I also had a cat who liked to sit on the tub ledge and flash his tail in the water. He fell in a number of times. In situations like this, the best you can do is be grateful you didn't get enough injuries to warrant the emergency room.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My (4 and 1/2 month old) Goober finds his way into everything... even the shower. One day I was taking a shower and he stood on the edge of the tub peering at me from around the shower curtain... It startled me at first when I turned and saw him and I half jumped. I thought I had closed him out of the bathroom and didn't expect to see him there. Well... when I startled that scared him and he tried to scramble away but slipped and fell into the tub... I fell too... We must have looked a sight

I hate it when mr. Houston falls in the tub. He s tarts fighting to get out, and I always get scratched. One would wonder why, considering how much this happens, that he does it anyway.

Members online

No members online now.