If you picked only by appearance..

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
By looks alone, the Ibizan hound, saarloos wolfdog, husky, catahoula leopard dog and great dane.

IcyHound

A standard poodle. I may get one one day anyway. I just can't see keeping it in show coat and I'd want to show.

I promise Afghans are not nearly as complicated to groom as they seem.

Romy

Taxiderpy
czech wolfdog, or a borzoi :D

edit: We saw this one awesome afghan that had a fu manchu mustache. Is that even allowed in the standard? I would get one with a fu manchu, then braid it's head hair into a cue.

IcyHound

Mandarins are fine and desired. Its a crap shot if you get one unless of course all of your dogs have them. I have two that have them but they are not thick.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Cool, we may have to actually consider an afghan at some point. They are just much smaller than I remember. When I was little my uncle had an afghan that could rest his paws on my dad's shoulders when he stood, and my dad is 6'2". Unless there are radically different lines like the german shepherd? Icyhound, I may need to pm you about the breed.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Icy, I checked out your website.. you have GORGEOUS dogs! And I'm sure if you wanted to post a thread with pictures of them sometime, the entire forum would enjoy. :D We don't really get to see Afghans much.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Ooh, this could be long. ;)

I'd still pick a BC. I love their look.
Also: Pharoah Hound, APBT, natural-eared Dane, natural-eared Dobe, Saluki, Toller, Aussie, ACD, Rottweiler, Siberian Husky, Kelpie, Dutch Shepherd, Great Pyrenees, GSD, Ibizan Hound, Borzoi, Lurcher (shorthaired), Volpino, Eurasier, Shiba Inu, Lundehund, Alaskan Klee Kai, Vizsla, Kooikerhondje, Belgian Malinois, Belgian Tervuren, Kuvasz, Hungarian Mudi.

The good thing is many of those fit me.

Members online

No members online now.