It has finally dawned on me,

mjb

The bed in the master bedroom actually belongs to Charles, the cat. All this time, I had thought it was my bed. Therefore, there has been an almost daily battle to make it up. There's either a cat on the bed who doesn't want to move for me to make the bed up, or I pick a time to make the bed when Charles is not napping on it 'so as not to disturb', and he comes flying in to do battle as soon as he hears what I'm doing.

Today it was full war since I was needing to change the sheets, too. He stands his ground pretty well, but when the sheets take his feet out from under him, he comes back with a vengeance.

It just struck me after spending twice as much time changing the sheets as it should, that Charles spends hours on that bed every day and night, and, sure enough, he allows us a SMALL space to sleep on each night. I'm beginning to see that, in his mind, this is his bed, not ours.

I guess I should feel fortunate that he seems to like having us nearby when he's sleeping at night (as long as we don't hog too much space).

Miss Jack

Jack 27/09/94-06/12/07
That's right and now you understand your place you are all going to be happier.

Once I understood Sophie owned the whole of our sofa (3 spaces the back the top and the arms) I was much happier. It's not too bad sitting on the floor typing on the laptop you know :rolleyes:;)

noludoru

Bored Now.
That's right and now you understand your place you are all going to be happier.
LMAO exactly.

Don't feel too bad, mjb, mine own the whole house. Including the counters. to say that it is annoying doesn't cover it.

mjb

Yes, they say kids are happier when they know the rules and their limits, and the same goes for us humans when living in a cat's domain.

I already knew the rules in the family room. I'm welcome to sit in the recliner or stretch out on the sofa. In fact, I'm encouraged to. But, I need to be sure to have remote control, phone, book, and anything else I might think I need close enough that I won't have to move, because once Charlie settles onto my lap I'm to stay there until his nap is over!!

And Spanky usually knows better than to try to join us. Once in awhile he'll attempt to be the 3rd wheel, but Charles either leaves in a huff or glares until Spanky decides he's really not that comfortable. (Spanky has kind of outgrown the lapdog stage anyway, but he doesn't know it yet).

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh no, my Tiny is his brother! Tiny does the same thing with the bed.

Members online

No members online now.