2008 Westminster Breed Videos

HoundedByHounds

Oh, it's *you*
I wondered the same thing...and it's not the first time things like this have been said here.

If I may be frank? is it truly necessary to be so catty?...it's not what dogs would do...that's why the word is "catty". I really would like to see folks get along better among the self proclaimed factions. I am more than willing to do my part...is anyone else?

I think that everyone there is having a fun time, enjoying their dogs, and the crowd is getting POSITIVE exposure to Amstaff's, Akitas, Staffies, and other "scary" breeds thanks to this event's wide exposure. That alone is something we should ALL be grateful for, if nothing else.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Hmm... tried to find other pics of the BOS GSD and have come up with nothing. I'm really just curious, lol!

adojrts

Not to be rude, but I really was insulted by this post. As someone who shows there is much more than just a BEAUTY contest to shows. I have to question if you show yourself or if your just one of the people who is passing judgement on something they know nothing about ? Now I myself will say that yes, there are certain cases that are extreme, but not so for the majority. To make such a bold accusation just baffles me... its not about beauty... its about breeding for the standard. And if you breed to the standard, the dog should have no problem going out and doing the job it was bred to do. I have no doubt my Rottweilers could go out and do the job they were bred to do. I myself keep them from it because I dont have the finacial abilities to do both.
I don't agree and yes I have shown and we did very well but I breed for working and work the dogs as well.
It is a well known fact that there are countless working breeds that have changed in the show ring to the point were they can not do the job that they were bred to do. Hence Working lines vs Show lines in so many breeds.
And standards do change over time to suit the show ring and the latest fads that had made those changes in some breeds.
People on this thread with knowledge of Bloodhounds were commenting on it i.e snipey muzzle etc and movement. Considering the distances that bloodhounds have to travel when working.............so why would that dog be there in the first place, let alone possibly win (did it win?)

So why can't people watch the video's and look at the photo's and make negative comments? Or give their opinion?

When I commented on the Parsons, in my opinion and probably in the opinion of anyone that does work Jrts/Prts the dog and bitch that won are not excellent examples of the breed. Therefore that tells me one of two things, either the Judge had no clue of the standard and what the critical conformational points are or they were the Best and the rest that they showed against were worse!!! In either case the out come is the same............scary because we all know that dogs that win at that show, get used and typically used heavily for breeding and those dogs often have a greater impact within a breed BECAUSE of the that win.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The papillon lineup is really nice. Hoping for a win for Ch Gail's On Thin Ice Of Cl since he has Beau's handler. He got his first all breed BIS this year too.

But I'm going to bet... this is a tough one... lots of BIS and BISS winners.... sheesh, it's a hard decision. Half the dogs are Japanese and the other half seem to be Swedish or half Japanese or half Swedish. Probably a good thing though, the quality of papillons over here is sorely lacking.

I'm going to go with Joonas, the phalene cause it's about time a phalene took breed at a big show. And Joonas is gorgeous. Don't see many good, quality phalenes over here. (Dylan, Merlin, or Kidd would all be fine by me to win as well LOL!)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Well, BOB went to Kid, who is lovely. He's been winning a lot this year- the national specialty in particular.

And ot top it off Joonas got AOM.

I am pleased.

Sunnierhawk0

Feelin' Froggy? Jump!
My friends pug took BOS, and the Rottweiler ...... well needless to say im shocked.

Kid is handled by Brian Livingston correct? He is a very pretty little guy

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's who handles him. I watched the breed video and I have to say both Kid and Joonas stood out to me. Poor Merlin didn't show too well. Ah well. Overall our lineup was amazing. Two national BISS winners- one AOM and one BOB. I've never heard of the BOS bitch but she's a pretty little thing as well.

A person on another forum I'm on owns Tango, the BOB brittany. 2 years in a row for BOB for him. :)

Now I'm curious about the rottie results. lol

Members online

No members online now.