Heeler owners...

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
B33CPE said:
his whole body is black with little white hairs everywhere, i think they call it "cottled" or something like that, and he has a bentley on his forehead.
All ACDs have bentleys, some are really big, and some are just a few white hairs. Anywho, blue with white spots throughout the coat is called "mottled", you can see all coat colours, including mottled, here.

I can't believe I missed that part, lol.:eek:

What kind of 'Tricks' or what not can your ACD do? Mason can fetch and sit but that's about it. He's slowly learning to wait before we cross the street and sit for that purpose as well. I'm also making progress with shake. When I was researching dogs; I saw a video of an ACD chasing a medium sized ball in a circle at full speed.... wish I knew how to train good exercise stuff like that.

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
Charlie can do all kinds of stuff. I don't really include retrieving as a trick, but he is very good at that. His best tricks are probably when I pretend to shoot him and he falls over, and crawl (drags his belly on the ground). He knows other tricks like roll over, shake, wave, circle, back up, and bow. And he knows sit and down, but I also don't consider them tricks, more of a command. :)

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
ACD owner here! :) I have a red speckled male ACD with a full mask! He looks very bullyish and alot of people always ask me if he is a pitbull or pitbull cross :rolleyes: Obviously, these people don't have a clue about there breeds of dogs. I even had a lady run up behind me one day and ask if Cai was a coyote! Yeah right! I told he was a DINGO and kept walking :D

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
Hi Aus; as you can probably tell by my sn I am cattle dog owner and darn proud of it ! I have owned cattle dogs for 16 years now and haven't met a bad one only bad owners who unfortunatly don't understand their needs and mistreat them . The three we now are parenting are all pound rescuse from the death list in their last hour as I have someone who alerts me. Max was actually in the death room when I got him he now lives with my son and is the greatest thing since the wheel! Max is a blue and one of the braney ones and to pretty for words and is out of town on a trip across the states as he goes with my son who is a truck driver. He seems to love that life. Whiskey is a big boy and the prettiest red very deep red and super smart. He amazes us at how we can teach him a new thing to do in minutes he aims to please and play and is my best friend . He likes to go by the name " Mr. Whiskers " Last Friday June 2 we saved a three year old female red very petite and very well built. They said she was unadoptable due to agression , biting, non house broken , anti social . Friday we got a little sample of all of the above behavior and we sat down at eye level and made a deal. We will not spank you but you must not bite us or anyone else, we will feed you well, love you bundles, take you on the boat and everywhere we go , brush you , bathe you and get your medical when needed and oh yes did I mention LOVE YOU ? Three days in to her being here she has agreed to stop the bad behavior and is now our sweet lovable little Miss Allie. I must say that you have quite a beauty yourself and I know that he is another great guy. I would put pics up but really am computer dumb and don't know what I am doing lol. Good to hear from cattle dog owners and by the way I still call them Queensland heelers

Kmh1

Hi

I rescued my ACD, Blue, about 7 years ago--I also posted a few days ago about how he seems to have been born with no tail -- he's not docked--there is just nothin there!
I just wanted to share a funny story--last month I went on my dream vacation to Australia --I did see a few heelers--although not as many as you might think. One day we were on the bus with our group riding by a park and a little blue heeler was trotting across the grass...one of the people on the bus looks at and goes oh look! what is that?--Is that a hyena! I about fell over laughing--but then politely explained what it was....and that I had one of these "hyenas" at home:D ....

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
I have owned cattle dogs for 16 years now
That's so cool! I will definatly have at least one ACD for the rest of my life. :D

I just wanted to share a funny story--last month I went on my dream vacation to Australia --I did see a few heelers--although not as many as you might think. One day we were on the bus with our group riding by a park and a little blue heeler was trotting across the grass...one of the people on the bus looks at and goes oh look! what is that?--Is that a hyena! I about fell over laughing--but then politely explained what it was....and that I had one of these "hyenas" at home ....
LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!! :D

Members online