Cops Raid Wrong Place, Kick Man In Groin

Sweet72947

Squishy face
Just like the cops in this area to scare the sh!t out of two innocent people and then do nothing except say the incident was "regrettable". And don't whine to me about what a hard job cops have. I know they have a hard job, but when they make mistakes like this they should FACE UP to them!:mad: What if there was a child there? He'd probably be all traumatized and hate cops for life after that.

Cops Raid Wrong Place, Kick Man in Groin
By Associated Press

Thu Jun 7, 8:31 PM

ANNAPOLIS, Md. - Annapolis police raided the wrong apartment Wednesday night, using flash grenades and kicking a resident in the groin before they realized their mistake, police and the family said.

Police spokesman Hal Dalton said something must have gone amiss in the briefing beforehand. "We don't know how the mistake was made," Dalton said.

Silvia Bernal, 30, told The (Annapolis) Capital that about 15 officers burst through the front door of her apartment while she was cooking dinner about 8:20 p.m. She said the officers kicked her husband in the groin while she fled into a bedroom and barred the door with her body.

Then she said both of them were taken to the ground and handcuffed. The Capital said a police officer went outside and realized they had raided the wrong residence.

Dalton said they were supposed to have raided a different apartment and said the incident was regrettable.

Spa Cove apartment manager Latisha Marshall says there is a large dent in the front door. And she said there are two large black stains from the flash-bang grenades police deployed after entering the apartment.

When officers and the city's tactical squad went to the right unit, they said it was empty.

Buckshot

You have nothing to fear, if you have done nothing wrong! I hope I can find this the next time someone on this forum says that. These folks got off lucky, there has been several innocent people killed during these no knock assaults. I hate the people who take part in these attacks on the 4th amendment.

Now what happens? I would imagine the cops get a paid leave pending investigation, what I call vacation. Then the people will sue the police department for money the local citizens worked hard for. The people are the ones who will pay as usual. Just my prediction.

Last edited:

SharkyX

Back of the Pack
We all make mistakes in our jobs... we all have to face up to them(or find a way to pin it on somebody else :p)
I can't imagine why the right apartment would be empty by the time the cops finally got there... not like it would have anything to do with the noise and such from busting into the wrong place.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
I'm sorry but, all the crap aside, I can't help but laugh. You're sitting there, enjoying a Friday afternoon with your wife, and then suddenly some cops break in, run up to you and, instead of detaining you properly, just kick you in the groin. Wonder if the guy was looking around for a hidden camera.

That's pretty funny. I'd have to laugh about it even if it happened to me. I'd still be plenty pissed off but still, I'd find that funny later on.

Now, why did the cops kick him in the groin? Why didn't they just tell him to freeze? Somehow, I'll bet that would have worked.

ACooper

I'm sorry but, all the crap aside, I can't help but laugh. You're sitting there, enjoying a Friday afternoon with your wife, and then suddenly some cops break in, run up to you and, instead of detaining you properly, just kick you in the groin. Wonder if the guy was looking around for a hidden camera.

That's pretty funny. I'd have to laugh about it even if it happened to me. I'd still be plenty pissed off but still, I'd find that funny later on.

Now, why did the cops kick him in the groin? Why didn't they just tell him to freeze? Somehow, I'll bet that would have worked.
ROFLAMO!! That is what I was thinking too GO.......down to your last sentence!

I do agree that there needs to be more accountability for actions of officers. I mean mistakes happen........ok, they got the wrong place, but how do they explain Kicking the guy in the nads?? Was he coming at them with the remote or something?? GEEESH

Buckshot

There is nothing at all funny about this. It would have been a shoot out here. Does it bother you that instead of walking up to the door and saying that they have a warrant that they kick in the door and enter the mans house with locked and loaded firearms? Would you be ok with me pointing a loaded firearm, safety engaged or not at your loved ones? I dont consider the death penalty too much for these folks involved. They swore to uphold the constitution of our country, that includes the 4th amendment. After a couple of fascists hang for this activity they might be more careful. A couple of cops hanging is not even a drop in the bucket to all of the soldiers who gave up life and limbs for the freedoms granted in the Bill of Rights that they so eagerly violated.

Members online

No members online now.