The Venting Thread

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I got really frustrated in the kitchen today rolling out pie crusts and I needed to step away from things for a bit but the chef wouldn't let me. He insisted I keep trying which resulted in 3 more attempts which made the dough dry thanks to all the flour I had to use. He finally let me take a moment and finished it for me but wow was I ever just not doing well, my friend was even trying to help calm me down because he saw how flustered I was getting.

Saeleofu

Based on the name, weighted blanket, I guessed it was a blanket that was heavy. Duh. I guess I meant to ask what is it for? Just a comfort thing? I could see really liking one.
But you asked what it was, so I answered. I have autism and deep pressure helps ground me and it helps with sensory overstimulation.

My new vent is that I FOUND THREE ****ING FLEAS ON MY DOG. He had advantix 2 weeks ago. He has never had fleas before. So, baths and Frontline all around >.<

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
A client got a long line for their dog (yay!) but I'm so used to biothane now that I grabbed it while the dog was running and burned my finger. >.< Ow.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Spoke with Mike today. Which shouldn't be a vent, and it isn't. But, he sounded SO tired and frustrated, and he was almost in tears when we said our goodbyes. I want to go give him a hug, and I can't. I'm seeing him in four more days, but DANG IT. He needs a hug now. :(

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Is there such thing as a biothane long line? Cause I would REALLY love one of those.
I'm pretty sure. When I was looking around at different biothane leashes I came across a LOT that were tracking lines. 20', 40', 50' feet, some even longer.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Had a 2 hour meeting with my GM. Got some insight on why certain things have been done, but it doesn't leave me any more happy about the micromanaging and various other things.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I am living in a home owned by a lovely couple. They have 5 bedrooms and rent out 3 of them (keep one for the guest room and the other is the master bedroom)
The house is lovely, big, cozy and the owner is very kind (utilities are all included, dedicated space in the pantry, fridge, etc..) rent is also very low and she is VERY accommodating to renters pets (she lets them just hang out with her if you aren't home instead of insisting they are in crates as long as they are well behaved.. Merlin loves it!)
The other renter has both a cat and a dog but that's not the issue.

The issue is that he seems to not understand what renting a room is or why the owner of the house seems a bit put off by his recent behavior.

It seems the new renter (who works from home) doesn't like spending ANY time in his bedroom ("That's just where I sleep") and insists on taking up space in the common areas.
He isn't a pig about it, I mean he doesn't bar anyone from joining him in the kitchen or dining room or most frequently the living room/tv room.. but it's so ANNOYING!!!

the woman who owns the house spoke to me about it and she's been renting rooms for years and never had this problem. She comes home from work at the end of the night and he is always on the sofa watching tv or in the kitchen or just everywhere. He watches tv all the time, spends forever preparing his meals, eats in the dining room/kitchen and tries to get other house people to join him/eat with him.

"Hey are you taking your food to your room? come on.. join me instead!"
"Hey you wanna watch _______?"
"Who wants margaritas?? It's SATURDAY!!" *knocks on everyones bedroom door "I Know you guys are there! come be social!"
NO.
He also likes to try to initiate "house dinners" and activities or whatever. It was SO CLEAR when you interviewed before moving in. This isn't that kind of house.
We are friendly, we are respectful, we share, we talk but we are not here to be best friends and we are all busy and in/out all the time and it sucks having you around all the time trying to mess with the lovely introvert vibe! I feel like I'm tiptoeing around to avoid him!

Her words "I have never felt like I had a house full of people or that it was intrusive until him"
and frankly I feel for her.

yes, they are common areas and we all spend time in but IMO you should understand that we are renting a ROOM and the least you can do is make sure the owner of the house doesn't feel like you are ALL UP IN HER HOUSE all the time. Go spend some time in the room you pay for!

It's not that he's mean I think he's just frikin clueless and just annoying. GO TO YOUR ROOM AND STOP KNOCKING ON MY DOOR I DONT WANT TO SOCIALIZE I WANT TO STUDY!

He knew this was a quiet, introverted, study-oriented, independent house from the GET GO.

We do share and talk and hang out.. we have pets and everyone is very great with dividing chores and helping each other out but this guy is ruining the vibe!

Ughhhh

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Car is broken.
Again.
Power steering pump is kerblewie.

Thankfully it was pretty cheap to have her towed home and my dad is pretty sure he can fix it for me. And maybe when he's doing that he'll finally put my new ignition switch in too.

Members online

No members online now.