Need a rainy day activity for the dogs?

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
The boys have rainy day blues...big time.

So, I finished some work and we set out to do one of favorite games... hide and seek!

Buddy and I have been playing hide and seek since he's had free range of the house. It started with me saying, onnnne, twoooooo, threeeeee and running as fast as I could to a hiding spot. He just loves it. If I want to get him riled up and excited, all we have to do is say, onnnnne, twoooo, threeee andd off he goes!

But today, I threw his toy over the loft and he raced down the stairs and I ran and hid in the bathroom. He found me no problem. That boy, he's good. :D

Then I threw the toy again and hid behind the door of our guest bedroom. It took him a couple rounds around the 2nd floor, but he found me. :D

Then, I threw the toy a third time. He was hesitant to go get it because he just knew mom was going to hide from him. I said, "go get it! hurry!" in my most exuberant voice and we both raced off to our destinations.

Boy, this one was good.

We have two closets in our bedroom. The larger of the two is very large, with three sliding mirror doors to it. I went in through one side and crouched into a position.

Buddy was racing through the house, up the stairs, down the stairs, back up the stairs. He tore through the second floor and again and again. Where was mom?

Hehe...

There I was... crouching in the most uncomfortable of positions, in the closet.

I open the door slighty and call, "Buuuuuuuuuuudddyyyyyyyyyy."

Is that thunder?

No, no that's just my dogs racing madly trying to find me.

*giggles*

I wait some more and find enough time to rearrange the luggage to situate myself more comfortably.

Buddy comes to the closet, but he's on the other side, he's sniffing, but it's nowhere near where I am..

They both take a breather. They are laying down and I can see Banzai clearly. So, I call softly to Banzai and his ears perk up and he stops panting.

Is that mom? Buddy, I hear mom...

Up they are again searching for me.

Buddy comes back to the closet, he's knows I'm in there. He's sniffing madly.

I start to open the door little by little and there are my two boys with the most worried expressions on their faces!

They both come barreling towards me full force! I'm tackled with kisses and a few good choice words from Buddy. :D

I need a shower now.

Oh, and I was in the closet at least 10 minutes! lol. That was the longest ever and I presume, why Buddy was so worried!

ACooper

Orson absolutely LOVES hide-n-seek, it's just hard for me not to giggle when he passes my hiding place, then I give myself away!

and shame on you for worrying your baby for so long :lol-sign:

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
I play hide and seek with Whiskey all the time but he is so good he catches me before I can really hide. Knowing that if I throw a squeaky down the hallway he with have to grab it and do his ritual lap around the living room and across the sofa so he can't see me while doing that and I got him twice that day. One time I sat in the dark bathroom up on the sink so he walked by me and then I jumped down and said BLA LAA LAA LAA he about leaped out of his skin LOL. Then I laid between the wall and our bed so he could not see me and he went on the where is my prey hunt. Not finding me in the usual places he went back into the bedroom for one last check and when he jumped up on the bed I jumped up from beside it and Whiskey leaped so high he fell off the bed. Oh man it was too funny and he loves to be startled like that he will run and chase me like no tomorrow.. Glad to see I am not the only one who plays these silly games LOL

mrose_s

BusterLove
aww. i wanna play that with buzzy now. when i'm walking him in big paddocks near our house. and the grass is long. i run away and sit down. and call him and he comes hurtling towards me top speed. so cute.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Awww! :D

Border Collies don't do hide and seek. They know where you're going to go before you even THINK about it. Ripley really likes it though, as long as he gets to hide once in a while. :p

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
I have three Nicole, including my late mother's elderly cat who stays upstairs and doesn't get involved with Tosca much. However, Mojo and Roni are permanently attached to Tosca.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
LOL RD you need to play survivor with your Border collies. You know out wit out last out play ?? ACDs and most all herders don't play fair in hide and seek games. Whiskey always found me or got to my hiding place before I did lol. That is why I had to trick him. It makes finding you all the more fun for your herder.

Dreeza

haha how fun!!!

i try to play with Oakley...

i usually jump out and scare him though, hehehe, i am so evil!! He loves it though!

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Ive been known to scare Buddy a time or two.. Banzai seems un-phased by it all.. he looks at me as if to say, "I knew you were there mom."

ToscasMom- you should post pictures of your cats! :D And dislocate the cats from Tosca's side and play hide and seek! It's too much fun.. but I could see how cats could pose a problem.. Apache just doesn't care enough to give my hiding spots away! ;)

Members online

No members online now.