Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Dog Stories

Old 04-05-2006, 01:41 PM
LuvsDogs1123

Exclamation Treat others as you would like to be treated...

Hey guys, I'm all for testing out the products before letting my dog use them. But these guys are crazy! They actually tested out their dog's electric collar to see what it really felt like when their dog crossed the line. I wonder if they're going to continue using it. I don't use one because I think they seem inhumane, guess I was right.
Check out the video:
http://www.break.com/index/dogcollar44.html

What do you guys think? Do you use these types of collars?
Old 04-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Big Dog

haha i think it is funny but i wouldnt put one on my dog.we use bark collars on our dogs and sometimes they dont work so we bought a remote for it and i put it on 5 and then put it on my brothers arm and shocked him but it didnt hurt him.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:17 PM
*Finding My Inner Fila*

I just now saw this, but I used to work at a pet supply store and we had someone come from Innotek who makes collars like that. We had the option to try them and I didn't think they were as bad as people thought them to be. I don't think I would use it, but I had that opinion before I felt the collars.

Old 04-11-2006, 07:28 PM
Are you dead yet?

Jeeze. I think that guy is a wimp. I've been zapped by those collars before and it really wasn't painful. It was a weird sensation and it felt like my skin was vibrating for a few seconds after it shocked me, but it didn't hurt.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:34 PM
:( only one :(

Oh my goodness, did you all see the marks it left on the back of his neck. I never realized they were that powerful, or is it different because dogs have a coat to minimize the pain. It still must hurt them, wow!
Old 05-10-2006, 02:23 PM
Top Dog

ouch, god that must have hert, those marks on the back of his neck, youch. i would neva use one of thouse on my dog.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Happy

Funny video. Based on the guy's similarity to my nephew, I'm guessing there might have been some exagerated reaction for dramatic effect. Young guys are all drama queens.

All the dogs I've seen come through electric fences, I have absolutely no idea why anyone wastes their money. Yeah, yeah, most of the time a small or mild dog will stay inside. But give that dog a reason, and he's gone. And it sure doesn't protect them from anyone coming into the yard.