What type of cell phone do you have?

Mayasmydobe

I'm PAWMAZING!
southpaw... I know how you feel about the razr and it's buttons.. my dad has one and whenever I need to use his phone I have a horrible time trying to dial the number.

GRRRR I am irritated with my phone and US Cellular... grrrr for the past month or so, my phone will just randomly decide to beep at me. I look at it and there is no new messages or anything, not low on battery. It can litterally be sitting on the table not being touched or anything and just beep at me. Plus, every so often when someone calls me or when I make a call, I can just BARELY hear what they are saying (and thats if I am in a totally quiet room, and with a 2 yr old, that never happens) So, knowing that my contract ends October 4th I called to see about renewing my plan a few weeks early, and they said it would cost me about $100 to do it. grrrrr. You would think, that if a phone was messing up like that, there should be something that they can do... but NOOOOOOOO.

ACooper

Melissa did you get it before or after they slashed the price?

I only ask because I hear on the news that many who paid full price are PO'd and have contacted them.....I believe I even heard they are getting some type of compensation??? Don't know though :)

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Ok you may consider this incredibly eccentric, but I got rid of my cell phone. Here is why, in order

1. I lost two of them. One account had calls to Columbia on it.
2. My entire family is dead, so I surely do not have an emergency to worry about that I am responsible for.
3. Why on earth did I have to have a phone glued to my ear everywhere I went. 99.9 percent of my calls were trivial bullcrap that could have waited till later.

I'm shopping. Rrrrrrrrrrrrring! What are you doing?

I'm watching a rivited documentary. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnng. Wait till you hear this!

I'm sitting on the can. Rrrrrrrrrrrring. What are you doing?

I'm dozing off. Rrrrrrrrrrrrringggggggg. Guess what?

I'm in the car. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnng! Rrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnng! Riiiiiiiiinggggggggggg!
(I have to pull over to talk or risk a hefty fine)

As I looked at it realistically, my cell phone was an invasion of my privacy, riddled with trivia that could wait, and downright annoying.

What of emergencies, you say? 911 is free even without ongoing account activation in some states. And there are disposible cell phones for just that purpose besides. So, excuse me while I live in peace again Necessity is NOT the mother of invention. Invention is the mother of necessity. No wonder there are so many heart attacks. Everybody mulitasks with a phone on their ear. Furthermore, I am not too keen on the fact that brain tumors are on the upswing and there is a cranky suspicion that some of them are related to having a bunch of microwaves blowing through your ear continuously.

I grew up without a cell phone and nobody died because of it. I went to school without a cell phone. I went out with my friends without a cell phone. If I wanted to call one of my friends three seconds after I just saw them, I did it from home.

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
I have one but I so hate the darn things. Same reasons you do TM. My thoughts are I know your # if I want to talk to you lol. I do have to have one so I can be reached to pull a dog but normally it goes to voice mail which I have yet to figure out how to use after 10 years and I just see the missed call and call it back. My phone is usually at home when I am out. When I am out that is what it means I am out and not available. People annoy me with them. It is as if the world will stop spinning if they miss a call. If I am speaking to someone and they have to take a call I know they were not really wanting to talk to me so I walk away or say oh yea right I will just stand here and hold the air while you take that call. I find it very rude and react rudely !

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have a cell phone that I almost NEVER use..... I should get it switched over to pay as you go. half the time it isn't even charged lol.... but..... just when I think I should get rid of it the power goes out and our home phone is rendered useless lol.

wouldn't that be my luck that I would go into labour during a power outage and left with no phone to call my hubby or 911 lol.

HAHA and one night I was talking to my dad on my home phone and a huge storm rolled in and we had a huge crack of thunder and a bolt of lightening and I (scared of storms) screeched and the phone went dead lol..... I thought I better grab my cell phone and call my dad to tell him I had not just been struck by lightning and everything was OK lol

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I have a pay as you go--works for me. We used to have family cell phones...paid too much for too little use. I am not a person to have the phone to my ear all day--I want to live my life without having to talk my way through every second of the day! I do need to be reachable as my daughter has epilepsy, and need to be reached for emergencies at work when I am not on site. But, I rarely use it--thank goodness.
I'd also like to add (and I am sure there will be some eyerolls at this..;but please think about it)--there are studies indicating extensive use of cell phones may contribute to brain tumors. I lost my mom 3 years ago to a brain tumor...the pain she endured was beyond words. I will not keep a cell phone to my head all day....

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I have heard the same thing about microwaves..... and I spend more time in front of the microwave than I do on a cell phone. I'm doomed either way.

Melissa_W

Melissa did you get it before or after they slashed the price?

I only ask because I hear on the news that many who paid full price are PO'd and have contacted them.....I believe I even heard they are getting some type of compensation??? Don't know though :)
Oh yeah, there was a HUGE fuss over that. lol We bought ours before the price cut, but it was close enough that we were able to get a refund. For the people that got them really early, they are getting a $100 store credit.

ACooper

Oh yeah, there was a HUGE fuss over that. lol We bought ours before the price cut, but it was close enough that we were able to get a refund. For the people that got them really early, they are getting a $100 store credit

Well that is good!

We have cell phones because we don't have landlines.
I know alot of people that have switched to this method.......more economical in the long run.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I have a slivr. Most of the stuff TM says is true, but.... We all got cell phones after sept 11 happened. We live where if you stood on our roof you could have seen the twin towers. Those planes flew right over our house. When it happened we had a heck of a time getting our kids out of their schools, and my husband wanted to get out of here, and fast.

The schools were telling everyone nothing had happened. I had to track them down in their classes and get them out of there. Of course all the kids knew something was happening, just not exactly what. They actually thought it was even worse-- that's what happens when you don't give kids accurate info.

Anyway, after that we started getting them all phones when they hit 6th grade and go to the middle school across town. Now I can find them if I need them, and vice versa. Mine is set so it only rings for numbers on my address list. I don 't know you, I don't hear from you.

Members online

No members online now.