Your Thoughts On PETA?

• Thread starter savethebulliedbreeds
  • Start date

Paige

Let it be
PETA sticks a cruelty tag on any sort of event linked to animals. What really turned me off of them was the whole pit bull thing. I was pretty neutral on them before I gained that knowledge. That was the last straw. Anyone who is a PETA nut job better stay far away from me if they value their face. I cannot handle being lectured by a bunch of ignorant sheep. Make up your own mind about something instead of letting someone else do it for you.

mrose_s

BusterLove
I really don't like PeTA, but it annoys me because one of my favourite and most respected animal welfare groups is addociated with them.

BostonBanker

I really don't like PeTA, but it annoys me because one of my favourite and most respected animal welfare groups is addociated with them.
Which one is that? I find it hard to believe that a well-respected animal WELFARE group would be associated with an animal rights group like PETA.

PixieSticksandTricks

Athletic Labs. They Exist
I watched the recent documentary on PETA and Ingrid on HBO. And I always sort of knew they were radical and their veiws were a bit distorted. But wow after seeing that I just felt bad for those who follow her and take her bs to heart. I do alot of their causes I agree with but not all. But I would never do some of the things they do.

Nastiest thing was when Ingrid said she wanted to be BBQed when she dies and her skin turned into a wallet. Thats a bit off the wall for me.

mrose_s

BusterLove
I don't know how they are so over the top about some things... but then other things they're so hypocritical about.

Some things I think they're on the right track about, but them killing animals and some of the stuff i've heard has put me off.

BostonBanker

I'm fairly certain that it is ALF that does all the break-ins at farms/labs/etc and releases the animals. Not my idea of being nice to animals. Most of those animals are going to die terrible deaths being abandoned in the "wild" (or suburbs, or city). I may not agree with something like mink farming, but I also don't think releasing them to starve to death makes their lives any nicer.

I have no respect for anyone who does crap like that.

And yes, ALF is animal rights, not animal welfare. Someone who cared about animal welfare wouldn't do the things they do. They are actually MORE extremist than PETA; in the documentary, IK basically says that she likes ALF doing all her dirty work. ALF is a terrorist group according to the FBI.

Last edited:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Animal Liberation Front (ALF) is a domestic terrorist group responsible for blowing up labs and such like that. A good portion of PETA's funds go to ALF as well as other less than reputable organizations. PETA doesn't 'dirty their own hands', they pay other organizations like ALF to do it for them. :rolleyes:

R

RedyreRottweilers

Be advised that PETA is the enemy of any person who enjoys companion animals, meat, leather, milk, or anything medical that has been accomplished using animals for research.

I cannot find the words to express my level of contempt and hatred for this group of people whose goal is to end anyone's right to pursue the enjoyment of pure bred dogs, and/or ANY companion animal.

And ALF is a terrorist group.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I'm fairly certain that it is ALF that does all the break-ins at farms/labs/etc and releases the animals. Not my idea of being nice to animals. Most of those animals are going to die terrible deaths being abandoned in the "wild" (or suburbs, or city). I may not agree with something like mink farming, but I also don't think releasing them to starve to death makes their lives any nicer.

I have no respect for anyone who does crap like that.

And yes, ALF is animal rights, not animal welfare. Someone who cared about animal welfare wouldn't do the things they do. They are actually MORE extremist than PETA; in the documentary, IK basically says that she likes ALF doing all her dirty work. ALF is a terrorist group according to the FBI.
:hail::hail::hail: Exactly.

ETA: I just read the first few pages, and in light of some of our recent hotly debated threads.. I find it hilarious this was bumped.

Last edited:

Tahla9999

I can see how you became confused, but I didn't say I agreed with PETA's general pit bull policy. When I said I thought they had a point about pit bulls, I was refering to the comment (in the OP's post, attributed to PETA) that more people should bypass them in the shelter in favor of other breeds.
An aggressive german shepard is just as dangerous as an aggressive pit bull.

People who have NO ideal about pit bulls should not get one because they are not a breed for everyone, but many breeds aren't ''first dog'' material. If people know what there getting into, with pit bulls, then they SHOULD adopt them.

Tahla9999

PETA is comparing the KKK to the AKC. Its assaulting.

When they compared slaughter houses to the holocaust, I just wanted to BLOW UP. I can't STAND PETA!:mad:

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Anytime Brendan hears someone mention PETA he always says that he supports his own PETA... ie People Eating Tasty Animals..... hahahaha

ok ok... anyways... no... I don't support PETA in the least... they are the suck

mrose_s

BusterLove
Just for the record, I wasn't talking about Animal Liberation Front, I was talking about Animal Liberation. Developed in Australia because there was not a single organisation at the time fighting for the rights of factory farmed animals.
As long as the animals go to a safe place for the rest of their lives I have no issues with animals being broken out of such situations.

BostonBanker

Thanks for clarifying. I must say, I think I'd have picked a different name, unless they want to be associated with the ALF; it was tough to even find their page.

I've got to say, I still don't agree with that group either (which is also animal rights, not welfare, as they clearly state on their page).

Breeding
There should be an immediate five-year moratorium on the commercial breeding of dogs and cats.
Five years must be almost a generation for dogs.

mrose_s

BusterLove
Maybe they are, but I'm more interested in their principles as opposed to what they call themselves. They base themselves around the idea that each indicidual animal is important, they have helped increase the size of battery cages, improve the lives of animals in the live export trade and their founder eventually ended up in India running an animal shelter. It was her team that eradicated rabies from their region through vaccinating and desexing the street dogs. I have so much respect for that woman.

R

RedyreRottweilers

Animals have no rights. I am firmly pro animal welfare. Animal RIGHTS is extremist, dangerous, and will lead to the end of purebred animals, and eventually all companion animals if they have their way.

Members online