Your Thoughts On PETA?

• Thread starter savethebulliedbreeds
  • Start date

Amstaffer

Prisoners... someone mentioned this. It's so completely unethical to experiment on other humans the thought boggles my mind. .
Why is it unethical to do it to humans but not primates? Because of 2% difference in DNA? It is just beyond my comprehension where our superiority complex comes from. Why can we torture and make another living creatures who have very complex thoughts and feel huges amounts of pain for our gain. Primates can learn sign language (that is talking for God's sake) and talk about all kinds of emotions and even dreams.

The arguement that they wouldn't exist if it weren't for the lab breeding them....what difference does that make who brought them in or bred them, they still are tortured. We call it testing but it tell that to the animal because I don't believe it.

Citrus007

Woot! Agreed! Test on those b@st@rds!!! ;) :lol-sign:
I have to admit I value a humans life more than an animals. Even the lowliest cruelest human because you never know if they will change, yes I believe almost everyone can change so I would rather they did it on animals.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Why is it unethical to do it to humans but not primates? Because of 2% difference in DNA? It is just beyond my comprehension where our superiority complex comes from. Why can we torture and make another living creatures who have very complex thoughts and feel huges amounts of pain for our gain. Primates can learn sign language (that is talking for God's sake) and talk about all kinds of emotions and even dreams.

The arguement that they wouldn't exist if it weren't for the lab breeding them....what difference does that make who brought them in or bred them, they still are tortured. We call it testing but it tell that to the animal because I don't believe it.

^^^**Nods vehemently**

Amstaffer

I have to admit I value a humans life more than an animals. Even the lowliest cruelest human because you never know if they will change, yes I believe almost everyone can change so I would rather they did it on animals.
Why is it relevant if they change? If the killed or raped don't they have a heavy debt to pay to society?

Not to diminish you feeling, I honestly want to know why you think an evil human who has tortured or killed other humans has more right to life than a innocent human? Is it based in religion or some personal philosphy? (I honestly want to know, I am not being sarcastic)

Citrus007

Yes part of it is based on religion. I do believe we were made above animals. Sure people have a debt to pay but I honestly don't think its their life and that also goes into religion which makes a lot more sense if I could explain why but I don't want to turn this into a religion thread. Sure dogs can change but I alsways here oh bad breeding and whatnot so it seems more hereditary and if its hereditary it seems harder to change if they have a bad attitude but pepole I believe can change. This may seem off topic but it makes sense in my mind. I hate the idea of testing on animals- don't get me wrong and I don't want to support it but sometimes I believe that it is the best way.

pitbulliest

This topic is getting touchier and touchier...I have to agree with amstaffer yet again.
The only thing I question sometimes is when it comes to testing regarding drugs or chemicals that could save people's lives...I mean what if they could find a cure for some disease that hasn't been found for yet...do they need to test on animals for that or is there another way?
I don't know how to react to something like that...I hate the thought of animal testing..I think its sick...but is it 100% possible to avoid in every case?

If animal testing is truely necessary and there is no other way to "test" the drug or medicine in question, then the only other thing I can say is that yeah, test on those dang bastards that are murderers, rapists, and ESPECIALLY animal ABUSERS! HECK YEAH! Leave the rats, rabbits and dogs alone!

Last edited:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I have to agree with pitbulliest and amstaffer on this. I deeply respect animals and I think it's our job to stand up for "our" animals, and abusing animals is wrong. Testing is jusr abuse with a "purpose." Animals can't consent to that.

bubbatd

I haven't read this whole thing.... but I will say , as much as I love animals, I don't support PETA .... without lab rats .... I would have been dead 10 years ago .... Think how life expectancy has grown ! How many cures have been found !!! And more to come .

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I haven't read this whole thing.... but I will say , as much as I love animals, I don't support PETA .... without lab rats .... I would have been dead 10 years ago .... Think how life expectancy has grown ! How many cures have been found !!! And more to come .
Yep, Grammy, I think that too. I mean, I know I don't LIKE animal testing, but what IS the alternative??

Citrus007

Yep, Grammy, I think that too. I mean, I know I don't LIKE animal testing, but what IS the alternative??
See I agree with you here, I just think that this alternative is better than humans. So I do think its wrong to a point. Don't hate me

pitbulliest

See that is what I wonder...are there alternatives that we simply don't know about? Or that scientists won't use because they are either too expensive or not as "simple" as using a rat or dog?

I'm still saying we use the murderers and rapists! :D

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
See I agree with you here, I just think that this alternative is better than humans. So I do think its wrong to a point. Don't hate me

No, no, no, I don't hate you! I think you're great! These discussions are for different points of view, right? :)

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
See that is what I wonder...are there alternatives that we simply don't know about? Or that scientists won't use because they are either too expensive or not as "simple" as using a rat or dog?

I'm still saying we use the murderers and rapists! :D
LOL, like an alternative to the death penalty? :D

S

savethebulliedbreeds

I have to say that I am much more fond of the idea of testing on a rapist or a murderer than any innocent animal. I may be a bit sceptical but i really don't see the point on testing rats. I once watched a tv show that talked about how scientists had rats with cancer and they tested a certain drug to see if they could be cured and they were, but then they said that they couldn't use that drug on humans...so my question is is why if they cant use that specific drug on humans what is the point in doing research on lab rats to treat human diseases. I have a lot of thoughts when it comes to health and drug related research to begin with and I definately don't want to get into it, but I do believe there are cures out there for many types of diseases that the public has not heard about. To me it all seems like a money and job issue. But that is my point of view. Sorry if it offended anyone.

pitbulliest

savethebulliedbreeds:
believe it or not, my mother said she watched a documentary that aired at about 3am in the morning, where the claim was that there is in fact a cure for cancer...so why is it not "out" yet? Because like you said, people will lose jobs...scientists and the labs/organizations will use LOTS and LOTS of money (via donations, support, sponsors, etc).

Is there a cure for cancer? I wouldn't be surprised...

I know there alot of people here who disagree with trapping and Alaskas airial wolf hunting. Read the first chapter of The Last Frontiersman to understand a true Alaskan trappers mentality.

Im sure a few of you remember my views on the airial wolf hunts, but I dont think I told any of you about my run in with Friends of Animals and their Howl In on my last trip to Asheville NC.

The argument wouldnt exist if it wasnt for Hitler.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I used to like PETA until I knew more about them. Seems to be the general consensus here :)

I don't like the thought of medical testing on animals, but have come to accept that it's a fairly necessary right. I would like to see more death row inmates, rapists and molesters involved, but oh well. Cosmetic testing on animals is ridiculous and outdated. A) Tons of people willing to do volunteer in exchance for free product and B) How many different forumlas do we already have on the market that have been proven safe for human use years ago? How many more variations of "Ivory 302 Foundation Powder" do we need?

As far as animal ownership goes, maybe it's ownership on paper, but I think of it more as a partnership and to hell with anyone who tries to take my dog away from me out of some misguided thought that I'm abusing him by not letting him roam free.

Members online