Your Thoughts On PETA?

• Thread starter savethebulliedbreeds
  • Start date
S

savethebulliedbreeds

I have recently been doing more research for my website. I came across an article by Ingrid Newkirk from PETA. I was horrified at what I read.

She said that "those who argue against the euthansia policy for pit bull dogs are naive" and "people who genuinely care about dogs won't be affected by a ban on pits. They can go to the shelter and save one of the countless other breeds and lovable mutts sitting on death row through no fault of their own."

I have never really kept up on PETA and never given them a second thought, but I was quite shocked when I read what she had said.

I think Ingrid Newkirk is the naive one....and for her to say that mutts are sitting on death row through no fault of their own....well neither are pit bulls!!!!!!!!

I am mad! I just wanted to know what you all thought about PETA?

W

whatszmatter

I think they're nothing more than a bunch of radical nut jobs, not much different than other radical nut job groups out there, ALF, Neo-nazi's or Al queda.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
So true, Whatszmatter. Ingrid Newkirk is crazy. PETA actually thinks that pet ownership itself is cruel. They think that we have "enslaved" our pets. Strange people.

lakotasong

Sled Dog Guardian
I'm strongly anti-PETA and anti-animal rights. Do a google search on "truth about PETA" or something similar and you'll get tons of websites with quotes from PETA members and organizers that will horrify you even more.

tac_1

Teri's babies
I think it's a shame that an entire breed has come under fire because of irresponsible owners or straight up jack a$$es that make them mean on purpose. Believe it or not, Okla. has talked about banning pits. Sad really. As for PETA, I'm with ^^everyone up there.

Hypocrites.
It's sad how many children are brainwashed by them at such a young age. :(

pitbulliest

Yeah I agree. I used to have respect for PETA before I actually did some research on them and what nut jobs they really are. They are extremists, and the type of group that believes that no person should own a dog or cat...yeah PETA..lets just let them all run free in the forest and live happily ever after...

So overall, as a group, I give PETA four paws DOWN! :p

mojozen

bullie lover
I'm against Ingrid Newkirk, PETA and everything they stand for. They spend very little money on actually promoting good pet care or helping out shelters. All of their money goes towards negative ad campaigns...

There is a lot of things that they have done that absolutely disgusts me - such as targeting children - and I will have nothing to do with them.

mojozen

bullie lover
Not that this is targeted towards me.

summitview..why are you extremely anti-animal rights?
o_O
I am anti-animal rights but pro-animal welfare which I see as two different things. Animal rights seems to be of the mindset that the rights of the animal is more important than the welfare of that same animal. What rights should they have that do not already fall under welfare?

Shelter, attention, food, water = welfare
right to be free? right to not be eaten by humans? = animal rights./

RD

Are you dead yet?
Ingrid Newkirk deserves Shiva's "pork chop treatment" . . . I used to support PETA, before I knew just how hypocritical the group is. They vehemently oppose killing animals like cattle, chickens, etc. yet at the same time, kill and abuse pet animals. Yeah, really ethical. :rolleyes:

I agree with Pitbulliest. 4 paws down.

BostonBanker

I am anti-animal rights but pro-animal welfare which I see as two different things
This is correct. Animal Welfare and Animal Rights are very different things.

The American Veterinary Medical Association Policy on Animal Welfare and Animal Rights describes animal welfare as:

"... a human responsibility that encompasses all aspects of animal well-being, including proper housing, management, nutrition, disease prevention and treatment, responsible care, humane handling, and, when necessary, humane euthanasia."

In firmly endorsing animal welfare while rejecting animal rights, the AVMA takes the following position:

"The AVMA's commitment to animal welfare is unsurpassed. However, animal welfare and animal rights are not the same. AVMA cannot endorse the philosophical views and personal values of animal rights advocates when they are incompatible with the responsible use of animals for human purposes, such as food and fiber, and for research conducted to benefit both humans and animals."
Like everyone else, I think PETA is a group of radical idiots.

Amstaffer

In my opinion PETA are well intentioned but very misguided at best. They are actually evil and power hungry at worst (some of their leadership).

Anti-pitbull people (eg Bill O'Reilly) love to parade "animal lovers" from PETA to help them justify Banning Pit Bulls. I remember O'Reilly saying, well even PETA the animal rights people want them banned then Pit Bulls must be truly dangerous.

I realize that many of the PETA members love animals but they are making many people who really do love ALL animals look bad. They have helped some animals but on Pit Bulls they are dead wrong.

dogstarsleddogs

The dog is never wrong!
I agree with everyone else. I'm all for animal welfare, every animal deserves that, but animal rights? No.
Thier views on dogsledding are not only wrong, but outragous. I can gurantee that the people making those claims have never seen a race, let alone a sled dog actually work. (Amazing sight that is, hook up time, every dog screaming at the top of thier lungs, jumping, pulling, you can feel the tension and energy. You have to scream to be heard over the dogs. Then when you let go of the quick release, silence...Its amazing to watch)

Amstaffer

I don't think there is anything wrong with the idea that animals have rights. Why is it so bad to say that animals have rights? I think it bad when people twist the idea of animal rights to promote a misguided agenda (like PETA).

Members online

No members online now.