Your own breed

colliekid

I love collies!
Have you ever fantasized about creating your own breed?
If you have, what was it?
If you want to or have ever thought about it, what would it be?

I think an Australian Collie would be cool- Australian Shepherd and Collie X

nedim

German Sheperd Gurl said:
I would make a bullshit.I would never breed to make crossbreeds but it would be funny.

A bullshit would be a bulldog shi tzu x. Since this is for fun, I would love to have an Irish wolf hound/pitbull/mastiff/victorian bulldogge/wolf x.

luvmydogs

i dont want to mutate any kinds of animals. sorry. no crosses, and i couldnt think of one "that would look good"....sorry :)

Y

yuckaduck

luvmydogs said:
i dont want to mutate any kinds of animals. sorry. no crosses, and i couldnt think of one "that would look good"....sorry :)
Even the new puddles oops I mean puggles. Big debate going on with a breeder over those.

luvmydogs

yuckaduck said:
Even the new puddles oops I mean puggles. Big debate going on with a breeder over those.
LOL i still cant get over that...or a cokerspaniel/rottweiler mix... COCKROTT ..ROFLMAO (sorry, but i had to say that)

In spite of the anti-cross-breeding sentiment often shown, it's interesting that it's exactly by doing that that has brought about several breeds we know and love - like dobes, APBT's, ACD's and many more I probably don't know of (in otherwords, all hail the mutt!)....but that's just my little 'aside'.

On to the question: The Great Herding Hound!
To keep my kids out of harms way, I'd go for the herding instinct/intellegence of a border collie (to round them up when required) and the size of an Irish Wolf Hound to intimidate any future boyfriends....not to mention a dog that size could carry my tool belt or camera bag without passing out.

AndrewF said:
On to the question: The Great Herding Hound!
To keep my kids out of harms way, I'd go for the herding instinct/intellegence of a border collie (to round them up when required) and the size of an Irish Wolf Hound to intimidate any future boyfriends....not to mention a dog that size could carry my tool belt or camera bag without passing out.
They're called Fila Brasileiros, Andrew :D

If I knew I could succeed without leaving a trail of pups, I'd love to reproduce Bear's mix. He was a GSD/Akita mix, and just about the ideal dog. Totally trustworthy, frighteningly intelligent, impeccable manners, good size and nice sturdy frame, fast, agile, wonderful temperament - not a pushover, but not too hard - and a perfect gentleman always.

RD

Are you dead yet?
If there were such a thing as the perfect breeding, resulting in all perfect puppies, I'd reproduce Shiner's mix. (Mainly Chow Chow and Labrador.) Her structure, which was sturdy and sound, was very nice, as was her GORGEOUS black, amazingly shiny coat - but the thing I loved most about her was her temperament. Protective, but not aggressive; fearless, but not without common sense; aloof, but still loving; serious, but not a complete groucch, and as loyal as can be.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
For me:

German shepherd/Rottweiler--then mix in a little bit of Dobie-- add some australian shepherd to help that noggin.. and whatever comes out, breed the biggest, strongest, and smartest. And there you have my ultimate breed.. :D

bubbatd

No. He'd be by big baby !!!! I don't believe in the " new" breeds through this type of breeding, which I'd never do. I just like like big, fuzzy, love bugs !

Members online

No members online now.