Your Favorite Terrier Dog Breed

I

iamwestadam

Hello guys! I just want to know what terrier dog breed do you like.
Let's share stories, opinions, and everything that is related to the topic here!

:-D

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
Jack Russells, definitely! The girl I had was awesome and I love most (well bred) ones I meet. I'm definitely more suited to a herder like an English Shepherd, German Shepherd, or Border Collie but if I had to go terrier I'd go JRT again.

APBT, although Boom and Stealth and Sako are quickly bringing me to a state of mindless adoration for the little AmStaffs.

And JRTs. I have always loved them.

Heck, I just like Terriers, lol, as long as they have that Terrier-tude. I'll have to admit I'm not terribly smitten with the ones that have fancy coats though. I like my dogs rough and ready and low maintenance, lol.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Not really a terrier person (can't imagine living with one) but I have a really soft spot for bull terriers, staffy bulls, and bostons.

Boom and Stealth and SBT like Hazmat, no? Don't do it! They're evil gremlins. ;)
I've lived with Filas for years now, lol. Trust me, Terriers? :rofl1: They don't know how to begin to be Evil :D Besides, I am way more stubborn/determined than any Terrier will ever DREAM of being. My first Terrier learned that when I was four years old, and poor Tallulah found out the hard way that my head is harder than an APBT's. It also cured her of jumping up on me, not that I did it on purpose and I felt really sorry for her. I was actually a little worried!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Actually I see nothing overly stubborn in my SBT, more over he's just a spaz.

I'll genuinely be happy when I have dogs less apt to fight for a while after all my bastards go, tis my only real complaint.

kady05

I'm lucky with my guys.. they really don't act like typical Terriers. They're not DA at ALL (all are very submissive with other dogs), they aren't hyper (they generally sleep all day LOL), they aren't overly stubborn, they have very little prey drive, etc. Sometimes I wonder if they know what they are!

milos_mommy

I think Jack Russell Terriers, but APBTs come a close second.

I also like most terriers, though.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I love bull terriers and mini bull terriers.

Smooth fox terriers are my second favorite...

...and of course Sako :D

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I would love to get a bull terrier and a APBT or SBT one of these days. Like Renee I just generally love the terrier breed and their terrier-tude.

My goal is to rescue an older Pit bull from my friend who pulls them from high kill shelters in the states and gets them transported to Canada.

An airdale is also high on my list. Same as a JRT

Teagan can be pretty stubborn at times and I just love her prey/toy drive she is just such a fun little dogs. I actaully dont think I could ask for a better dog ever. She is just great!

kady05

I love bull terriers and mini bull terriers.

Smooth fox terriers are my second favorite...

...and of course Sako :D

I generally like all Terrier breeds, to be honest. I was at a Terrier specialty back in May and OMG I was dying.. way too many cute dogs in one area!

Dogs6

Plus One
JRTs of course and staffies. I just love a nice SBT. The only problem is that because of stupid breed bans they've turned into the new APBT in the publics perception of them. In fact I was watching a TV program about one of the more prominent rescues over here and it said that 9/10 SBTs that come in are put down because there are so many of them and they have a bad reputation. Unfortunately they won't be the right breed for me for another 10+ years when I (hopefully) have my own home.

Members online

No members online now.