Working Papillon Breeder?

Mausi

Hello all!

I used to own Papillons several years ago and have hence moved on to Border Collies. I work my Border Collies, taking them on adventures anywhere from paddle boarding in the wild to day trips in town. They herd and train 3-4x a week in agility. One even really enjoys obedience trials. I love my Border Collies for they are always eager to perform and keep up with me, but, lately I've missed having a Papillon in my life.

The Papillons I've had in my life were by accident as someone brought them into my life since they could no longer keep their puppy and I was looking for one at the time. This was 10 years ago and they have since passed but I do know that this time around I want to be more selective on where I get them from. Since mine were pretty much "rescued" at the time I didn't end up with sound Papillons and they ended up developing heart murmurs, rotating patellas, and eventually passed early in life because of seizures. Like my Border Collies, I want a Papillon from a breeder who health screens and test the parent's genetics. I am also having trouble finding a breeder who is known for their agility Papillon rather than show dog. I'd love one who is built for the agility ring and eager to run it. Also, I've had both a male and female who had extremely outgoing personalities but I'm curious about how each gender may respond to handling a course. I'd love to hear from you!

Members online

No members online now.