Whole milk?

Is milk (from the grocery store) bad for dogs? I've heard it can cause stomach problems before, but I wasn't really sure how bad or good it can be, and if it's only hard on the stomachs of certain dogs. I always buy whole milk because I just like the taste better... Moro LOVES it. Looooves... every time I pour a glass of milk, or use milk for basically anything, she turns on the "I'm a poor starving puppy PLllleeeeease give me that!!" look full blast :D She has such a hard time trying not to stare at me when I have it. I have given it to her before in small amounts...usually when I have a bowl of cereal, I'll give her the milk in the bottom (I never eat sugary or chocolatey cereal, so no worries about her getting sick from the little bit of cereal that might be in the milk) Or if I'm drinking a glass of milk, sometimes I'll pour her a little bit. As soon as it hits the bowl, SLURP SLURP SLURP SLURP is all I hear until the bowl is clean, lol :D Afterward I always watched her for diarrhea or acting like her stomach was upset, but she never seemed to have a problem. So is this a good thing for her or something I shouldn't do?

I know our beagle puppies when I was a kid used to drink goat's milk too, and the vet had said this was good for them, but not to give them cow milk. Why is that?

dk666

I give my Husky a small bowl about a cup full 2 or 3 times a week he loves and has had no problems with it so far, he get's 2% what I have in the house.

Members online

No members online now.