What do you love about your dog?

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
Baxter--I love his intensity and the way he still puts his paws up on my knees and looks at me as if he wants to say something to me. It was that look/maneuver that made me bring him home. He is just a love bug, and is an easy going boy.

Wilson--oh man, this dog...what to say about this dog? LOL--I love his almost human-like quality, his big goofy face, and the fact that he feels so protective of his family. He has been quite a learning experience for me--in so many ways.

Tempie: Her love of life, despite all that she's been through. She is always happy, and you can't be around her without that kind of rubbing off on you.

Raja: Her crafty and mischievous nature. She really cracks me up with her antics, always trying to think of some way to get by with something, always testing to see juuuust how far she can push me.

Boone: Ah, what can I say? I love that he is mine.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I love everything about Auggie. I can't even begin to explain it because it goes beyond words. He is perfect, flaws and all, and I love everything about him. I even love that he's a jerk. He is the most wonderful little dog I will ever have.

Pepper... well, I say I picked my boys, but Pepper picked me. I suppose we all like to feel needed LOL. I love that she is secretly very silly and very sassy. I love that she chooses to show that to me because she trusts me and loves me. I love that there is nothing more Pepper would like to do in this world but sit on my lap and cuddle FOR.E.VER.

I don't love anything about Payton right now. >=|

SpringerLover

Buzz is that unflappable, take anywhere, do anything with/to dog. He's just a really special dog if you're able to embrace him for who he is. He doesn't care about a whole lot other than food, the people he adores, and... sniffs outside! He is the dog I compare all others to.

Bailey is a very silly little dog who tries so hard to be brave. She's delightful to train and has really gotten good at cuddling (for at least a little while). I love that she's got a zest for life that I've not seen replicated in a single other dog. She's happy and excited, but not a spazbeast at the same time.

I try very hard to appreciate them for who they are. I certainly know they won't be around forever.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I love Juno's enthusiasm. As long as she is not on a leash at the pet store, she thinks life is the coolest thing ever. As much as it drives me bonkers sometimes (WE NEED TO BE SRS FOR A SEC!!), I love seeing her big derpy smile on her face as she bounces about like a pogo stick. I love that she shows her happiness off in an unmistakable way, that even random strangers can appreciate it and comment on it.
And, again, as annoying as this can be at times - I love her irrevocable devotion to me. She just wants to be with me, see me, hear me at all times.

I love that Lucy is predictable and steady. There's really never any question about how Lucy is going to behave or how she's going to react to something. Makes things easy, and is a nice way to balance out Juno's somewhat unpredictable behavior.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I love Menchi because she never has a bad day... she is always happy. She is one of the funnest dogs I have ever had the pleasure to be around.

Watson is just incredibly sweet with me. We are deeply connected. He is always thinking...so clever.

spiffy

Poochie- her very sweet almost clingy temperament
Bogs - a cat-like aloofness that instantly disappears when he sees that I need
protection and affection
Chooks - silly and puppy-like personality; one whose antics never fail to make
make the whole family double up in laughter.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I know it seems like the cop-out answer, but everything. We just mesh so well. She's the jelly to my peanut butter, so to speak ;) she's so sweet and caring and goofy and loving and just so... perfectly Rosey. Her loyalty just tops it all off.

I'll include the ferrets since I'm feeling so nice. LOL
Renegade, definitely his sense of humour.
Harley, she's just so sweet.
Ella, well, she's adorable and that's really her saving grace.
Nacho is just so chill.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Bodhi is my buddy. We've been through it all together every step of the way. She's moved around with me everywhere. Seen me grow up! She's funny, and lively and squishy all in one. And so expressive. She can't hide how she feels!

Fred. Ha. The name says it all! He's just so fred! We call him the brown baby. He's so loving, and an absolute clown. He's a bit of a dopey lummox lumbering around with a goofy grin on his face! I don't think there's an intentional bad bone in his body. I love that I think he's going to grow into a pretty cool dog. And that he bonds with us more and more each week. And his dinner dance lol, I can't describe it, it has to be seen!

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Since I don't have a dog I will use my grandma's Scottie since I live with him and have known him since he was a wee little one.

Mickey - I love absolutely everything about this dog. He is adorable, so freakin smart, how excited he gets when we play ball, how protective he is over me esp when Im sick, how over the last year he has become a HUGE cuddle bug, and last but not least how much I can rely on this boy. I would trust him with my life if it came down to it.

Dekka

Just try me..
Dekka -everything ;) But I love her seriousness, her intensity. The connection we have that is completely mutual. The absolute trust. I love her desire to work and dedication to figuring things out (there are times that this is not with worlds best trait.. like when trying to figure out how to leave the house)

Seren- How happy she is. Everything is OMG the best thing ever. She is a little bit scatterbrained, but in a freaking adorable way. She forgets what she was doing 'oh look butterfly'. But she is smart, just really excited by life.

The two are such opposites. But I love them for that.

Paviche

Duuuuude.
Rowan... what can I say about him? He is so completely intrinsically MINE. He's my rock, sometimes the only thing really keeping me sane. He's dependable, always down for cuddles and naps, or is equally ready for agility and adventures. He's just... my boy <3

Riff, it's gotta be how he's so darn happy all the time. He's not the brightest bulb (the BF has nicknamed him Riff Hawking) but that tail is always wagging and he'll fall over for a belly rub in a moment's notice!

Gambit- I love his smile, and his sass. I love the way he looks straight at me and squeals to let me know he'll obey this command, but only because he wants to. I love that he never gives up, and won't let me give up on him either. I love his coypire teeth. I love how gentle he is to all the fosters. I love his shriek of joy when we play 'spank they coyote'. I love his grace when he runs and jumps. I love it when he flips on his back in bed so I can scratch his belly. Why yes, I do think Gambit poops gold, why do you ask? If it wasn't for his fear of people, he would not have one bad quality.

Folly- I love her tenderness. I love her cuddly nature, and the fact that I could place her in just about any home and have her suceed. If I could only get one interested!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Embyr: What's not to love? She's insanely smart, sassy, drivey, athletic, and up for anything. She really thinks about things. She's taught me so much, as an owner and a trainer.

Shadow: She's a sweet old lady. She was the first dog I did any serious training with, and I grew up with her by my side.

Copper: Copper is just NUTTY. She's a hysterical, beautiful foxhound.

Bloo: I love this little dog so much. She's up for anything, very drivey, super smart, and cute as a button. Sweet as sugar, to top it off.

Deke: Big oaf! He's painfully sweet, a little "slow" and dorky (hi, 14 month old puppy), but loves learning and playing.

tzigane

Chester: Just about everything. He's just like me in that he's always extreme. He's super calm and mellow but absolutely insane during his energy boughts. He's quiet, but (usually) listens when I tell him to shut up. He's a big cuddler (when it's cold). He's naturally polite. I pretty sure he understands English. He's bomb-proof house broken. He seems to know what I'm thinking, and I know what he's thinking. We just get each other, and we connect so incredibly well. He's so smart, but doesn't use it against me, even if he gets his annoying Beagle stubborn streaks when we're outside and he smells something. He's completely and 100% trust worthy to leave out, and leave things scattered (unless I've been busy and neglected him for a little while, in which case it's not safe to leave dirty underwear on the floor). He's clean and doesn't smell bad, even if the pug in him makes him shed like crazy.

He's essentially the perfect dog.

Torch

I love how sweet, kind, and sensitive Henry is. He's a very soft dog and very gentle. It has taken a lot of time to build up his confidence and teach him how to be a dog. He's not drivey and not super outgoing. I don't think there's any sport or activity that he could really excel at.

That being said, the fact that he is so gentle and sweet totally melts my heart. His love and devotion have more intensity than a lot of human relationships. He is completely connected to me. A true velcro dog.

His whole heart, his whole being exudes love. Everyone who meets him remarks on how sweet and loving he is. Anyone who comes into our home makes a lifelong friend in Henry. He never forgets them and always makes everyone feel very special and appreciated. When out on walks, he easily befriends total strangers, melting into their arms for a hug with a gentle little sigh.

And with me? Even after 5 years together he still lays by the bathroom door when I take a shower. He has a small rug he lays on by the kitchen door where he can watch for me to get home from work. He goes there every day and lays down to wait about 15 minutes before I'm due to arrive. His loyalty manifests itself in a million different ways that still blow my mind. The depth and purity of his love for me brings tears to my eyes. He truly makes me feel like the sun rises and sets on my existence.

monkeys23

Lily: Everything. She can go anywhere and do anything and we are so incredibly deeply bonded. What more can I say, its the princess Lily bug!

Scout: Her neverending trust in me and willingness to try her hardest for me. Her doofy ass enthusiasm and bouncing.

Stirling: Well he's only been with me two days, so yeah. I love what a happy, intelligent, curious, and willing little booger he is. Pretty sure he's going to be an awesome guy when he grows up. Hopefully those teenage times don't kill us! LOL

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I love reading all of these you guys!

Artimis: I love how much he adores me. He is a cuddle but and that is just awesome! I also love how energetic and smart he is!

Talon: I know I hate it sometimes, but I honestly love how obsessed he get's with things and how much trouble he gets into! lol He makes me laugh a lot.

Members online