We need homes

B

BigDogs

If you're serious let me know for sure!

I was on the way home from picking up the Belgian (German) Shepherd and found some frantic teeage girls trying to find someone to take in the pups before it snowed. There are six pups, five females, one male. Three black w/white chests and paws, one tri color, one sable(?). Could be a little of this, a little of that. About 6 wks.

I've dewormed them and started them on di-methox solution. They like to eat, play and sleep. Totally free, can deliver locally.

B

BigDogs

I am in NE Indiana.

I put up some signs in town for free puppies, and by the time I got home, there was already a message on the machine for a puppy. People will be here in another hour or two.

I hope that one or more of the puppies gets a new home today!!

I am in NE Indiana.

I put up some signs in town for free puppies, and by the time I got home, there was already a message on the machine for a puppy. People will be here in another hour or two.

you should not advertise free puppies... at least require a donation to the local shelter.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
I am in NE Indiana.

Free puppies. Of course. And I bet you'll pawn them off on whoever contacts you first, not even bothering to screen in the least, so long as they get a 'home'.

You're about as good at rescuing as you were at breeding. :rolleyes:

R

RedyreRottweilers

Another good plan is to ask for an adoption fee that is equal to what it will cost to spay or neuter the puppy. Put this money in an account and return it to the person when they prove S/N.

SALES AND SPAY/NEUTER AGREEMENT
__________________________________________________________, hereafter referred to as the Sellers, hereby agree to sell and transfer ownership and possession of the animal described below to __________________________________________________________, hereafter referred to as the Buyer, for the purchase price of $_____.00 with the following terms, conditions and warranties:

Breed:
Color:
Date of Birth:
Sex:
Sire:
Dam:
Purpose: Pet & Companion
A Refund of purchase price is guaranteed upon proof of sexual neutering of this dog.
BUYERS RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Buyer agrees to provide good care, both physically and emotionally, to the dog as follows:
1. To provide a fenced yard and to prevent the dog from running the streets without chaining or tethering the dog.
2. To provide the care of a qualified veterinarian in the case of illness or injury and for preventative health care.
3. To provide proper nutrition as advised by the breeder or the veterinarian.
4. To provide shelter from the weather both in winter and in summer.
5. To at NO TIME allow the dog to ride outside of a travel crate while in or on the bed of a pick up truck or other open vehicle.
6. To sexually neuter this pet; at or about 6 months of age to prevent even one pregnancy in females, or before 1 year of age in males. The Buyer understands the reasons for this timely neutering are to eliminate ANY possibility of an accidental breeding and to protect dogs by eliminating the possibility of producing inferior or mixed breed puppies. The Buyer also understands that the positive action of neutering is the responsible action of a responsible pet owner.
7. To, in general, care for this dog physically AND emotionally as the loving, totally dependent living being that the dog is.
8. To contact the Seller for advice and/or assistance if, for reasons beyond the buyers control, the buyer finds that the above conditions cannot be adequately met.
9. To contact the Seller in writing and offer the seller the right of first refusal should the buyer decide to transfer possession or ownership of the dog. THIS DOG MAY NEVER BE TRANSFERRED OR SOLD OTHERWISE.
10. To provide seller with any and all change of address during the dog's life.
11. To attend regular obedience classes with this dog beginning no later than 16 weeks of age. Classes should continue on a regular basis until at least one year of age.

WARRANTEE:
The seller agrees to the following:
1. To warrant that said dog will be genetically capable of fulfilling his/her purpose as described above.
2. To warrant that said dog will be functionally sound for the purpose as described above.
3. To warrantee that said dog is sold in healthy condition, and will be generally healthy for a period of 72 hours from the time the possession of the dog is transferred to the Buyer. This section of warranty void if dog is not examined by a licenses veterinarian within 72 hours of purchase.

If the Sellers are satisfied that the above described dog is unsuitable for the purpose sold because of conditions outlined in the warranty section of this agreement, the Sellers will refund the purchase price of said dog. In either case, the unsuitable animal will, at the discretion of the Seller, be returned to the Seller at the expense of the Buyer.
SCOPE AND AMENDMENTS:
This agreement embodies the entire agreement between the parties hereto, and supersedes any and all other agreements between the parties in connection with the sale of the Dog described herein. This agreement may be amended at any time by the consent and signature of all parties in writing, provided that the written document so states that the purpose of the document is to amend this agreement.
This agreement is hereby entered into and wholly executed in the State of ___________________ and litigation arising from any possible breach of this agreement shall be adjudicated in the County of ________________, in the State of ________________, under __________________ law. All parties hereby submit themselves to the jurisdiction of said courts. Should any provision of this agreement be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
ACCEPTANCE:
By signature below, the Buyer(s) and the Sellers affirm that they have read and understand this agreement and will abide by the articles of this agreement.

Seller _______________________________________________ date _______
Buyer________________________________________________ date_______
Address_________________________________________________________
Phone __________________________________________________________

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
*cheers for Red* My only question is why do fenced yards HAVE to be provided? That's the reason I probably won't be able to adopt another dog in the foreseeable future. I think I'm a pretty good owner but I live in an apartment so I can't rescue a dog because walking three times a day isn't enough? Usually they want the dog to be an inside pet anyways...

Anyways, I really like the contract!

Red's idea is good too... just giving away puppies for free often brings out the wrong kinds of homes... not always but more often then not... you also want the potential owner to start thinking about the costs right from the beginning.

I agree about the fence IV.

darkchild16

We are Home.
and the OB classes. I owner trained Walker like many here have done. Im not attackying by any means I think all dogs should be traiined but what about owner training?

J/W that popped out at me

R

RedyreRottweilers

Requiring classes is requiring socialization, in a nutshell. That is why I include it in all my contracts.

Never, ever advertise puppies for free! I can see these puppies being used for breeding by someone in the future! I thought you were involved with a rescue? Rescues don't just let puppies go for free to any ol' person who calls. Shouldn't they be vet checked? Did you give them any vaccinations? ( i volunteer for a rescue. Puppies are vaccinated and dewormed, and never put on Petfinder until a few days after they receive them. That is so they can be checked over for disease, make sure everyone is healthy and didn't have any reactions to the vaccine. So that you are not sending a sick puppy to anyone ;). And to make sure they don't add to the overpopulation, they are spayed/neutered before being adopted (Whether anyone agrees with early s/n or not, its better that then they get bred and even more puppies end up at the shelter).

B

BigDogs

Never advertise dogs for free?

I don't have a clue as to what kind of puppies these are. Someone said they might be part lab, someone else they might be part GSD, someone else said they might be part Border Collie, someone else said they might be terrier. I'm not going to start making wild guesses in an attempt to sell them as something that they are not. They are advertised as free mystery puppies. People are taking a chance by adopting any of them.

Nobody seemed to know much about them. I'm not putting money into them, besides deworming them...unless they are here for a while, then I would start vaccinating them. And god forbid that I should make any type of profit from it.

Bigdogs, do you understand what people are telling you? An ADOPTION FEE, NOT SELLING. Nobody is saying label them as a purebred german shepherd and make a profit off of them.

You should NEVER advertise puppies for free. This is a rescue term, its called an adoption fee. To weed out bad people.

R

RedyreRottweilers

If you are going to advertise, advertise FREE SPAY NEUTER. Then explain that the sales fee will be returned once proof of spay/neuter is provided. Often you may get local vets to work WITH you and provide a reduced rate if they know they are going to get 11 S/N clients that will likely also turn into long term clients. Speak to the vet you use about this. They might even offer you a "coupon" or something like that to give to the puppy people.

Anyone who can't afford to pay $200 or so for a new pet IMO will also not be likely to be able to properly provide for it. Dogs require food, vet care, fencing, training, and etc.

LauraLeigh

Not sure I agree 100% I have a *freebie* and while I see the possibility of bad homes, many people happily fork over big bucks to abandon and not look after high priced pets as well. I have a friend who is very, very limited financially but has taken in a free dog, by not paying for her dog she is able to set aside that purchase money toward care and vetting her dog.

I think you need to screen homes, period..... I think that the attitude that an animal is disposable does not always come from what you pay for it, but rather a persons beliefs about animals.

I also rather feel that the OP cannot do anything right on this board, and it frustrates me a bit, I mean are any of us perfect? I have always found Chaz a fun place to be, but it seems to me rather than trying to give constructive advice, and acknowledge that not all of us would make identical choices, posters are being ridiculed and attacked for helping animals in need.... Wow.....

Members online

No members online now.