Trick of the Week: Spin!

Spin!!

So I love this trick. A lot. And I love that you can pretty much always make it better by adding in left and right spins, multiple spins, speed, distance, on your body, facing away from you and so on. It's a great warm up, it's easy to do in small places, it's just basically fun.

So this week get your training hats on and work on spin! If your dog(s) already know spin then mix it up and take it a step farther.

^^ The YouTube link here is not intuitive, you only plug in the bit after the =, not the whole url.

/themoreyouknow

DJEtzel

Ok, need to participate since I have a few weeks off of classes, and as we discussed, Spin has become scoot. lol.

My goal is for some very Crossbone-esque spins in both directions.

HOW AWESOME WOULD A BACKSTALL/SPIN BE, LINDSEY? :eek:

Sekah

The Monster.
That's no easy feat with a large-ish dog. Maybe I'll give this a try. To date, I've not had much success with this since Cohen doesn't really trust her footing and she's so long in the body.

MrsBoats

Legion of Zoom Den Mother
I'll post some video of Lars rockin' out some spins...this trick has been in our bag for a while. When I say "Spin" he goes to the right. Some how "Go the other way" became the command for spin to the left. :rofl1:

O can spin...but he doesn't have the vim that Lars has for spins.

I'll get on that video of Mr. Lars spinning like a fool. :p

Ok, need to participate since I have a few weeks off of classes, and as we discussed, Spin has become scoot. lol.

My goal is for some very Crossbone-esque spins in both directions.

THAT WAS TOTALLY MY SELFISH REASON FOR DOING THIS. I want a spin in a stall.

So my things I'm going to work on are left and right spins, getting my scoot vs spin hammered out and add some distance to my spins.

We did it! :D

[YOUTUBE]mlixqVEjxc0[/YOUTUBE]

My video isn't showing for me... is it showing for you??
http://youtu.be/mlixqVEjxc0

^ the link to youtube, just in case.
He is so cute!! And gotta love helpful cat :D

PS: Remember everyone who has a nice spin down already, add to it! Up your criteria! That's what's fun about our trick of the weeks is that there is ALWAYS room for improvement or creativity.

And Sass, I want to see Squash in a Tutu

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
The paps know both directions already. They're hilarious about spinning, it's their favorite trick.

I just taught Hank to spin to the right. We are working on fading the hand signal/lure and also teaching him to spin to the left. Not sure if I'll be able to video or not. Can't figure out videos on the new computer.

amberdyan

I love these and I keep doing them but forgetting to video, lol.

Hugo knows how to spin so we'll have to up the ante!

Sekah

The Monster.
Here's a few of our basic spins. We've got left/right (I ALWAYS mix up my lefts & rights, so... it's not terribly helpful a cue) and a dance. We also have a spin away from my cue (turn) that I didn't bother videoing.

[YOUTUBE]-002-aO6GIA[/YOUTUBE]

And here's the beginnings of a proficient spin on my back. She's pretty sure I mean for her to beg (or speak!) when I ask for her to spin. I did a few repetitions on a stool before working on my body. Next we work on confidence and coordination.

[YOUTUBE]gG8PjqWB21s[/YOUTUBE]

That was fantastic Sekah!! I'm super impressed with her on your back.

I've been working on it with a stool too with me facing away from them since apparently no tricks can be done if I'm not looking at them.

Also, the left/right thing is the reason my spin will be called "Spin" and then "Left" because I will not be able to keep L/R straight.

THAT WAS TOTALLY MY SELFISH REASON FOR DOING THIS. I want a spin in a stall.

So my things I'm going to work on are left and right spins, getting my scoot vs spin hammered out and add some distance to my spins.

He is so cute!! And gotta love helpful cat :D

PS: Remember everyone who has a nice spin down already, add to it! Up your criteria! That's what's fun about our trick of the weeks is that there is ALWAYS room for improvement or creativity.

And Sass, I want to see Squash in a Tutu

Thanks! Haha, yea Shadow is always interested in helping. I'm working on his tricks too...

Members online