Top breeds of playful dogs?

Hello everyone, I wish to know those dog breeds which are very friendly in nature and can play with my cousin (12 years) all day long. Are beagles suitable for children?

Yes beagles are suitable not just for children but also for the rest of your family. The other dog breeds that would be suitable for the children and are friendly in nature are the Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever, Poodle, Irish Setter, Vizsla, Newfoundland, Collie, Bull Terrier and the Bull Dogs.

Marry Ann

You can try Golden & Labrador retriever or Australian shepherd. They are really playful.

Aprilmtb

My 3 boys grew up with a doberman and he was amazing withem and everyone else also i highly recommend them as a family dog

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Hello everyone, I wish to know those dog breeds which are very friendly in nature and can play with my cousin (12 years) all day long. Are beagles suitable for children?
Beagles are very active and great for young kids. Goldens are also great breeds for families. So what did you end up going with as I know this is a year old post.

TheDeena

Passionate About My Animals
Beagles are very active and great for young kids. Goldens are also great breeds for families. So what did you end up going with as I know this is a year old post.
Of course, we will all be biased to our experiences with dogs but I am a huge fan of Shih Tzus/Maltese combinations. I am on my second breed of this mix and the experiences so far have been superior. Also, if you are open to shedding, labs are fantastic animals for anyone of any age.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pooch495

Yes beagles are suitable not just for children but also for the rest of your family. The other dog breeds that would be suitable for the children and are friendly in nature are the Golden Retriever, Labrador Retriever, Poodle, Irish Setter, Vizsla, Newfoundland, Collie, Bull Terrier and the Bull Dogs.
Bull Terrier for sure the most plaful I've ever owned, although they do tend to spin and can knock over young kids. They seem to not know their own strength. Also my vote for the most cuddly, for some reason they also believe they are lap dogs.

Members online

No members online now.