Top 8 'People Foods' That Are Toxic To Pets

Woofwoof1

I'm a dog lover, and you?
Wow amazing post. this threat should become sticky...

There is some tip I wanted to share with you.
We live in Tampa, and we have some hot days here at the summer. when I want to spoil my dogs, I give them a sweet treat that makes them so so so happy.

I buy these diet frozen ice sticks, make sure they do not have any colors or sugar in them (there are lot's of good ones around, also very cheap), I place them at the freezer, and when we are back from a walk at the hot sun I soil them with a piece of that frozen good stuff, you can't imagine how happy they are...

Woof Woof guys...

I buy these diet frozen ice sticks, make sure they do not have any colors or sugar in them (there are lot's of good ones around, also very cheap), I place them at the freezer, and when we are back from a walk at the hot sun I soil them with a piece of that frozen good stuff, you can't imagine how happy they are...

Woof Woof guys...
VERY BAD idea. Some of the artificial sweeteners used in diet foods are DEADLY to dogs, and they aren't all that good for us, either.

Actually, there's nothing wrong with honest butter (not margarine), olive oil and even animal fats in moderation for dogs. Animal fats and butter are much closer to their natural food sources.

Dreeza

oh wow, interesting...

the crockpot diet I make for oakley has garlic cloves in it. Guess its only like 2 cloves for like 2 weeks of food though.

And did NOT know about xylitol...I;ve had a giant pack of gum with xylitol just sitting on my desk for the past 2 days. Thank god Oakley wasn't tempted!! TIme to move that just in case...

people foods that are toxic to pets is below:

Grapes, raisins, and currants
Caffeine
Chocolate
Xylitol
Onions, garlic, chives, and leeks
Yeast-bread dough
Fatty foods
Pet-safe people food

Other common toxins are apple seed, olives, and avocado.
My Rocky LOVES apples so I cut the apple in half and take out all the seeds for him. Its a great snack for him to have. My dogs also love to eat whole raw carrots.

Home Page GRAIN FREE

After my experience this past 24hrs. with xylitol poisoning (not confirmed but they have all the symptoms) I'm never going to have it in my house again.

O

oliver.reyes

I also didnt know at first that chocolates can harm dogs. I use to give my dog a chocolate before he died. But, he didnt died because of the chocolates i gave, sometimes i saw him too weak,i guess chocolate is the reason why he is weak. Thanks for the post. Im planing to buy a new puppy, so it can help me a lot. :)

H

hershey20

Its a great snack for him to have. My dogs also I use to give my dog a chocolate before he died. ove to eat whole raw carrots.

R

robertspears

I have to say I really question the problem of fat though. I'm thinking that in the wild dogs ate his fair share of fat, along with red meat and the skin of their prey.

el_pic

Technocat
There is a difference between healthy and un healthy levels of fat for dogs.
Same as for humans.
The biggest thing that tips the scale of when healthy goes to un healthy is
what types and how much fat your or dog's body contains already.
There are 3 different types of fat - some say 4.
But some say it is also good to limit fat in any form or amount.
It is belived that a good balanced vegi diet will extend life 20 % for both dogs and humans.

That is great information I also have know some products that are toxic to pets

Amaryllis.
Azalea
Christmas Cherry.
Potato sprouts
Spinach.

Bananas can be a good treat as some fruits but if given in large amounts, they can cause stomach upset (diarrhea). Also, too much sweets can make a dog fat and eventually becomes prone to diabetes.

GlassOnion

Thanks, and Gig 'em.
All things in moderation goes for humans and pets alike.

Also you should keep your dog out of your garden if you grow tomato plants, as the plant itself (NOT the fruit) can be poisonous. I seem to recall macademia nuts being toxic as well but don't remember why. Probably the same reason as the avocados and tomato plants though (persin).

dogsion

Believed by who? I've never seen a dog on a vegetarian diet yet that didn't look like it was just a shade above death.
It is quite possible that the dogs you saw had a lack of protein in their diet, a problem for vegetarians, humans and dogs alike. I'm not completely sure what's good or bad for the dog, but with humans, almost any type of bean is a good vegetarian source of protein.

My dog ate a gum yesterday! :( Is that dangerous? **** those teenagers who spit their chewing gums anywhere in the park.

Members online

No members online now.