The Human Mill is at it again...

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Wow. That woman's uterus is a clown car

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
She says they have a special cut in her uterus so had to schedule a c-section, i was joking with my mom saying they installed a zipper :p

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
Can I send them my two girls? They'll never notice a couple extras.

Taqroy

She says they have a special cut in her uterus so had to schedule a c-section, i was joking with my mom saying they installed a zipper :p
:rofl1:

I'm really curious as to what the long term effects of being pregnant for most of her life are. I have always kind of boggled at having that many kids. Just. Yeah. Lol.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ANd a uterus that needs to be held in surgically.

SarahHound

Congratulations to them :) As long as they are happy! I wish they showed the TV show in the UK, they put a few of the older episodes on last year, but I would like to actually watch the series.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Do you think she even notices she's pregnant anymore? Or is it like on Family Guy, where she sneezes one day and out drops a baby. "Hey, you were right! I was knocked up!"

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I can't imagine down there being terribly useful to her husband anymore... It must be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway by now, that thing must be destroyed after that many kids... Though she has had several c-sections.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I can't imagine down there being terribly useful to her husband anymore... It must be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway by now, that thing must be destroyed after that many kids... Though she has had several c-sections.
She's only had 3 :p Josie, one pair of twins, and I forget who else.

Romy

Taxiderpy
I won't be impressed until she surpasses my great aunt who had 29 biological children. They were all twins and triplets too, so they were all little at the same time.

M&M's Mommy

Owned by 3 mutts
It's hard to imagine having 20 kids nowaday in our society - but I've known or known of people in my grandparents/greatgrandparents generation who had close to that number of kids (some had more!!!). Generations ago & in a poor village life in Vietnam, our greatgrandmothers had nothing compared to what the Duggars have, but their faith in God's providence for the family. Relying on faith, helps from the family & neighbors, especially from the older kids to take care of the younger ones- everything was managable!! None of the kids feel neglected (I'd imagine they may feel lack of privacy :), because the more people there are, the more love & care in the household to pass around.

My grandmother had 13 kids by age 39! (my grandpa passed away when she was 2 month pregnant with my youngest uncle - otherwise she might have had more :) - and whenever she's asked "How did you you that?" she would say "I don't really know. Somehow God helped me through it!"

So, while I'm perplexed about the Duggars' decision to have another child considering today's cost of living, I don't think they're stupid, or selfish, or crazy.. and don't think they deserve be condemned for doing what they believe. As long as God help them, and they can help themselves without being a burden to others, all powers to them.

So, I'm adding Michelle to my list of prayer for a healthy, unevenful pregancy (along with 9 others!! - Everyone around me are pregant!!! (but me :() *sigh* :)

milos_mommy

Teresa...I don't doubt that in other cultures, people could have successfully birthed and raised that many kids...and until this high risk pregnancy I didn't feel there was anything wrong physically with her having that many children.

But in this day, society, and culture, in this country, there is absolutely no way two parents can provide everything they need to provide for a child emotionally and mentally to 20 individuals.

Members online

No members online now.