spot to be nasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Manchester,
You call Adrienne ignorant for saying that anyone that feeds Old Roy doesn't give a flip about their dog and yet what did YOU say about people who don't use crates????

lol this thread is getting stupid. before you know it we'll be telling lies to get others to believe them. Geez for adults you guys are REALLY immature. If you guys can't handle anyone else opinions without leading to insulting than dont look.

I havent bred any champions but my dogs are GODS. THey are gods in this house. Lol calling my dogs champions would be a HUGE downgrade.

Adrienne

When did I ever insult any member on this forum or become immature in presenting my information. I am adult enough to debate something I feel strongly about but from here on out I guess I will digress. Any newbies reading this particular thread can draw their own conclusions on what is right and what isn't.

Seriously though, please show me where I have been insulting, or childish to anyone?

Y

yuckaduck

No enimeis here at least I don't hate any one maybe they don't like me but each to there own. Adrienne it is great information and no I did not see anything childish or immature. You provided information off the interent or where ever you got it from and that is helpful. Now we don't have to go researching we can just look here. Makes it so much easier. I for one appreciate you doing the work for me. Thanks.

bubbatd

May we start another subject......how do you all feel about cutting dogs whiskers ?? Long eye brows ????

Debi

Hey..we're all friends here. It's always ok to spar a bit...not a big deal. I certainly don't have any hard feelings. Hope everyone has a great night. :)

M

Manchesters

yuckaduck said:
I got it Manchesters lol

They keep there horses vaccines up to date as well as their dogs. I will certainly pass on the information, but they are very stubborn people so I doubt they will ever change unless of course the food was no longer available.
It is still Ol Roy---just a different colored bag, and no soybean in it. I think the price is the same too. And it is smaller pieces, easier for dogs to chew. They might just like it.

sorry, I better write that different because that's not why it all started.....ALL you was just trying to defend other's! :)

Y

yuckaduck

Big Dog you got it that is why it was started. So a bad night's wish it is here.
HEHE Just Kidding! lol

Great idea to change subjuects now we can get heated over shaving doggies. I for one am going to shave not bald but shave Yukon. He is losing puppy hair and looks ratty as hell. Yuck. How about long tails can we cut those off? I think he's gonna have some serious growing to do in order to fit that thing. Eye lashes oh lala, hard to be sure he's a boy, except for the peak under the belly. A mountain dog that's what he is. lol He has hugh ears too maybe I could trim those. lol Please don't anyone actually think I'm going to cut his tail, eye lashes or ears. Just goofin around here!

Y

yuckaduck

Manchesters I understand and to me there would be no problem but my parents that is another story. I will try for sure though.

M

Manchesters

Lack of Comprehension--Again

shredhead (DOG LOVER) said:
Once again I must disagree with everyone. I fed my dogs Pedigree for a while not knowing anything about nutrition. Than I came to this forum and started feeding Innova after reading a bunch of articles from Great Dane Lady and Mordy. If theyre lying than I guess I havent learned much but if they know what theyre saying than I think I made the right choice. A lot of dog food in the super markets do not provide adequate nutrition. They also arent made with very good ingredients. I mean a dog could live off these foods, dont get me wrong. But they could also live off donuts.

As for cost, innova has about 1/3 more calories than most other mainstream foods and also weighs roughly 30% more per cup, so you really need to take that into consideration. So more for less.

Since I switched, I must say that their coats shinier, eyes brighter, healthier, and happier.

I'm no expert but I've read from experts. Don't take my word for it, just believe that my dogs are healthier since I've gotten them on a better diet.

As for people who spend $150,000 on their dogs, have you ever thought that they don't really feed them that food. Have you ever thought that it could be a marketing campaign. Get a person who spends tons of money on their dog and pay them to say that theyre dog is that healthy and pretty JUST cuz they feed them THEIR dog food. I mean that would be a pretty good marketing campaign, "Look how pretty and healthy and famous this dog is cuz they eat OUR dog food". People who aren't educated could fall for that REAL fast.

and if these people who spend $150,000 on their dogs really feed them Pedigree, than they should take the time to learn whats goin into these foods, COLORINGS/FILLERS/HORMONES.

Thats not for me

I have spoken! :D

someone challenge that!! I dare you, cuz once again you won't win
I don't know who you are talking about, but the people I refer to who spend at least $150,000 CAMPAIGNING their dogs don't tell anyone anything. They feed their dogs what they want to feed their dogs---in this case Pedigree. They receive no remuneration for feeding. They feed that food because they like the results they get with their dogs.

And as I have said a dozen times---it appears that no one around here knows squat about canine metabolism. Humans eat fillers all day long-----bread, pasta, and the like. I doubt that few here even know the nutritional requirements of humans, let alone dogs. This debate is spurious. No one has one iota of fact. I just read one post where the poster stated that after changing food she felt that her dogs did better on the new food. THAT is factual. Of course no one can tell for sure WHY the dogs did better, nor does it matter. The fact they did is the only thing that matters!!!!!

My dogs are all senior citizens. They are doing very well as far as I am concerned, and my opinion as per my dogs is the only one that counts. I will not be drawn into this stupidity any further!

And yes, what I said about crates is gospel. But since no one has come up with any information concerning Terriers and Sight Hounds, there is no understanding of why I say what I say. People with dogs too stupid to think of getting into trouble of course will not understand what I am saying. The more intelligent a breed, the more mischief they will get into. And of course with mutts........well...........enough said.

I have no ill will toward anyone. Just frustration at the density level sometimes. I don't do frustration too well, but I try.

I just hope to God that no one in this newsgroup ever gets a member of the Sight Hound family. It sure won't live very long!!!!!!!

Know what...I'm gonna be the bigger person and just say your right. Everything you say is right and I dont know anything. I mean you DO have like 50 years of experience. So you must know everything about everything. I bow down to your greatness.

And about you saying that no one in this group getting one of your dogs, saying that they wouldn't live long, well your full of crap. Those dogs would get more love with any of us than you could possibly believe.

You keep saying provide facts, so far you haven't given me any. So why should I take your word for anything.

Adrienne

Manchesters said:
I don't know who you are talking about, but the people I refer to who spend at least $150,000 CAMPAIGNING their dogs don't tell anyone anything. They feed their dogs what they want to feed their dogs---in this case Pedigree. They receive no remuneration for feeding. They feed that food because they like the results they get with their dogs.

And as I have said a dozen times---it appears that no one around here knows squat about canine metabolism. Humans eat fillers all day long-----bread, pasta, and the like. I doubt that few here even know the nutritional requirements of humans, let alone dogs. This debate is spurious. No one has one iota of fact. I just read one post where the poster stated that after changing food she felt that her dogs did better on the new food. THAT is factual. Of course no one can tell for sure WHY the dogs did better, nor does it matter. The fact they did is the only thing that matters!!!!!

My dogs are all senior citizens. They are doing very well as far as I am concerned, and my opinion as per my dogs is the only one that counts. I will not be drawn into this stupidity any further!

And yes, what I said about crates is gospel. But since no one has come up with any information concerning Terriers and Sight Hounds, there is no understanding of why I say what I say. People with dogs too stupid to think of getting into trouble of course will not understand what I am saying. The more intelligent a breed, the more mischief they will get into. And of course with mutts........well...........enough said.

I have no ill will toward anyone. Just frustration at the density level sometimes. I don't do frustration too well, but I try.

I just hope to God that no one in this newsgroup ever gets a member of the Sight Hound family. It sure won't live very long!!!!!!!
All I can say is WOW! We must have an enormous amount of stupid people on this fourm then since many are interested in giving their dogs the best that they can.

B/T/W I also noticed on your websight that you actually suggest tying the dogs mouth shut when clipping toenails. Isn't it better to work with your puppies every single day, handling their paws so it isn't a struggle. But I suppose you know better than anyone else on that too huh?

Taken from Manchesters website:

A dog which has nails that are waaay too
long CAN over a period of time become
crippled, especially in the front legs.
With patience and a good sense of humor,
eventually you will learn how to hold
down your Manchester and get the nails
done properly. (I usually tie the mouth
shut, to avoid getting nipped since some
dogs consider nail time as "knock down
drag out war"!!) Just remember~~~~IT
CAN
BE DONE!! And of course, if all else
fails, there is always the veterinarian
as a last resort!!!

Richie12345

I haven't read much in this thread... but I'm starting to think that maybe this wasn't the best idea... this is just making us spread hate... Manchesters obviously refuses to learn from other people, even though this is the whole point of this forum, and we aren't anything better, we're just doing the same thing right now... I suggest we should stop... this thread is 34 pages of hate as far as I know...

lol more like 34 pages of pointless arguing. I dont really care though. I'm just trying to get my opinion out there but since Manchester knows everything I can't. I hope she sticks around so we can learn from her superior knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.