Southeastern Meetup....

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
The camping thing would be FUN. I wonder if there is a dog camping/seminar thing going on too...

jess2416

Who woulda thought
I'm kinda thinking along the lines of one of the state parks... ??

elgancho

i'm just going to throw this out there as a suggestion. there's a park REALLY close to my house - just something on the top of my head that i actually know about. here's a link to it. i'll be in charlotte next week, so i'm going to suggest:

Time: Wednesday, 2/13, 3pm to dark
Location: William R. Davie Park (has a ~5 acre off-leash dog area, biggest in charlotte)

link: http://www.charmeck.org/Departments...+By+District/South+District/WilliamRDavie.htm

Last edited:

jess2416

Who woulda thought
That link didnt work...

but I didnt know you were that close... maybe I can bring Chloe up there one day when Im off work...

elgancho

well, i'm in the process of moving to Raleigh by the 18th, so it'll have to be next week. i should be at that park throughout the week with Vince, tho. just holler if you're in the neighborhood.

nancy2394

so no one lives near the chattanooga area... sniff, sniff. I think renee is the closest one to me. I've heard of charlotte, but not sure how far it is from me. I have a gas hog of a truck that is only getting 9 to 12 miles to the gallon so if it's several hours away, I won't be able to travel that far. I was so hoping more people lived out this way.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
so no one lives near the chattanooga area... sniff, sniff. I think renee is the closest one to me. I've heard of charlotte, but not sure how far it is from me. I have a gas hog of a truck that is only getting 9 to 12 miles to the gallon so if it's several hours away, I won't be able to travel that far. I was so hoping more people lived out this way.
I live about 3 hours from Renee (5 1/2 from Chattanooga)

Where are you near ??

2BlackDogs

I'm in hampstead NC which is about an hour away from Jacksonville and about an hour from Wilmington. I'm just about dead smack in the middle. I'm in for a meet up somewhere as long as it isn't extremely far.

If this is an ongoing thought, I know a great place. I hosted my great dane meetup there this year and it was great. Fully fenced with a dog pool. I could see if they'd let us use the place. It'd be best to do it in the cooler months though, as there isn't much in the way of shade there.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
If this is an ongoing thought, I know a great place. I hosted my great dane meetup there this year and it was great. Fully fenced with a dog pool. I could see if they'd let us use the place. It'd be best to do it in the cooler months though, as there isn't much in the way of shade there.
it was fun :D

corgi_love

This sounds fun, I'd be in where ever it ends up. I'd offer rides but I drive a Mini. Yeah.. If this is future, future though, in a year or so, I might have a bigger car by then in which case I'd love to carpool :) Im in East Tennessee!

Do you know where Jonesborough is? Johnson City? I'm in the Jonesborough area. Chattanooga isn't far from me, either :) I'll be down there for dog shows.

Members online

No members online now.