so who would be interested in....

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I'm kinda worried now because Samm is a GSD..would this be a problem with bringing her to Ontario? I don't want to risk anything even if the chances are 1 in a million..:(

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I could think about this... I'll be 18 then but I'm still not sure my parents would be down with me taking a road trip to Canada and meeting a bunch of folks we don't know, lol. And of course, the part of Ontario that we're talking would have to be the part that is not directly above Minnesota, lol.

Think I'd have any problems bringing a boxer?

Dekka

Just try me..
the only breed there is an issue with are pitties (ok so not a breed but we all know governments are stupid)

Rotties, GSD, Cane Corsos, and all types of mastiffs are just fine. Boxers are fine too.

Even most pitties are fine as well the public witch hunt seems to be over, but to be safe should be muzzled in public.

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Even most pitties are fine as well the public witch hunt seems to be over, but to be safe should be muzzled in public.
Not to mention - unaltered males (because they're obviously unaltered) tend to draw negative attention to themselves (the ban states all "pit bull type" dogs must be altered)

Dekka

Just try me..
right.. so no girls in heat either. (or just bring spayed girls if you have a pittie)

But its just pitties and staffies. No other breed is affected directly by this.

BostonBanker

Basically if your dog looks like a pittie you could get in trouble if you brought it out and about without a muzzle. All other breeds are fine.
Eh, I guess we are out. I would consider carpooling with others from the northeast, but would absolutely not take the chance on bringing Meg into a pitbull restricted area. And I'm not making her wear a muzzle just so she can go.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Well, I was thinking I'd bring Georgia..and she's a white Boxer.

Do you think that'd be a big problem..?

And if this doesn't happen soon, we'll have a rescue pittie would I'd want to bring.
BSL laws suck. :(

Maybe we could have it near Ontario then..like right outside Canada?? There are no laws against pitties in Washington...

youhavenoidea

I love my Weimaheiny!
I don't 'think' you need a passport if you are driving. I know you don't need one NOW, but not sure the plans for the future. They changed our drivers licenses in order to make them more passport like, I assume for crossing the border purposes.

June 1, 2009 is when you NEED one to cross in a car.

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
Who would be up for it on the border of Washington? As close to Canada as we can get? We'll have a pit bull in a while and there are no laws against them here.

What would everyone think of that? Close enough to Ontario?

Saje

Island dweller
Who would be up for it on the border of Washington? As close to Canada as we can get? We'll have a pit bull in a while and there are no laws against them here.

What would everyone think of that? Close enough to Ontario?
Holy cow. Can you think of a place farther from Ontario! lol Unless you mean DC which is still not that close to where this meet is being organized... lol

The idea is that this one will be hosted in Ontario because that's where the OP has room for it. If you have the facility to host a meet this big in Washinton go nuts! But start your own thread for a different meet. The OP has said this one is for the Ontario meet which she is offering to host. ;)

Saje

Island dweller
Really, if you want to have a meet why don't you try and figure one out with some of the people on your side of the country? The more meets the better! Not everyone is going to be able to go to the one in Ontario. I know I'm not. :)

SmexyPibble

Blow. Me. Away.
I didn't even realize where Ontario was in Canada. Sorry :/
I'd like to have a big camping meet in Washington.. maybe I'll start a thread, then..

Members online

No members online now.