Politics, Religion and Dog Training

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Kodaz, if you are here, I would like to reiterate that Proverbs is in the old testament. As a Christian, you must find a new testament reference if you want to convince me that Christ wants me to hit my children and dogs.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
Sorry. Sparks, some of us were trying to take on the Fundies on a thread in the training forum who want us to believe that Martin Richling is doing the work of the Lord when he hits dogs with staves, and the rest of us are idolaters who worship our dogs. We were told to bring the argument here instead.

On the whole I usually keep my religion to myself, but this is the most interesting thread I have ever participated in.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
On the whole I usually keep my religion to myself, but this is the most interesting thread I have ever participated in.
I must agree with the above statement.
-------------------------------

I would like to, however, issue, a statement of sorts- please keep this thread clean and respectable because I will have no qualms about closing it if gets out of hand. It's clear that all sides have something to say and I'm all for saying it- but let's keep it clean.

Now, carry on...

Actually, it was on my thread that I started and got locked because it turned into a religious debate :rolleyes:
Sorry Emmalee but it was locked because it ran it's course in the TRAINING FORUM and had become useless information for anyone wanting training advice.

Emmalee

Sorry Emmalee but it was locked because it ran it's course in the TRAINING FORUM and had become useless information for anyone wanting training advice.
Yea, its ok. I got my question answered on the second page.. lol. Thanks for locking it :)

MelissaCato

ĜȫƝ ₩īĿÐ
What NOW Melissa? You'll have to be a bit more clear than to post thread clips, some of which I was not even present for. Your point please???:confused:

You seem to take such pleasure in your disruptive behavior. I'm still not clear on what you actually ADD to most of the debates except to jump onto the backs of others who seem to be getting the most negative attention. :confused:

MelissaCato

ĜȫƝ ₩īĿÐ
What NOW Melissa? You'll have to be a bit more clear than to post thread clips, some of which I was not even present for. Your point please???:confused:

You seem to take such pleasure in your disruptive behavior. I'm still not clear on what you actually ADD to most of the debates except to jump onto the backs of others who seem to be getting the most negative attention. :confused:
If that's what you think, so be it.
I posted the links so people have a reference for the start of this topic.
It was a question asked.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
MelissaCato, in this case no one is taking the name of the Lord in vain. Kodaz claims that when he uses a stave on a dog or child, he knows it is OK with the Lord. I am seeking clarification on this matter, and that is impossible without using Christ's name. We are referring to Him in a non- sacriligious manner here.

Last edited:
I'm a Spiritual person, I believe in God. I don't however believe in religion.
There is most certainly a difference to me.

People who know just know. Spirituality is about faith, true faith. Religion is a business which can often (not always) exclude both spirituality and faith and is MAN MADE made for profit sake.

The latter often breeds beliefs such as those held by people who would use it to justify hitting/beating an animal...of any kind.

Spirituality absolutely dictates how I treat another creature on this planet, be it a child, a dog or a rodent.....

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
I am a Friend, a Quaker, and believe in non-violence. My well behaved dogs and respectful, non-delinquent children, ages four to 22 seem to thrive on this doctrine. Quaker teachings can be tough in the real world, but very rewarding. I get angry when people use Christ to justify non-christian actions.

Melissa_W

That other thread makes me sick.

I certainly don't advocate hitting children or dogs, regardless of what anyone says.

I mean, are these people really doing this because they think that's what God wants? Or are they just using it as a convenient excuse to abuse animals?

Members online

No members online now.