Politics, Religion and Dog Training

GipsyQueen

On the whole I usually keep my religion to myself, but this is the most interesting thread I have ever participated in.
I didn't participated because I'm just learning how to train a dog, but the thread was interesting!

I am not going to say if I am religious or not, because I don't like getting into huge arguments about mine or other people's beliefs. But here is my input.

I don't believe that you should harm a dog, another person (ITC a child) or yourself, even if it would be OK with God in any way. What makes you say that it would be alright with god to hit your children or your dogs to make them listen.
You don't beat children, nor do you beat your dogs, or any other creature at that matter unless, it is in your own self defense.
Personally, I like the "Ye shall harm none" from the wiccan reed. (No, I am not wiccan, but we learned about them in school. )

Copiuos

Politics, Religion and Dog Training?

This recent rash of postings have opened up a strange religious and political aspect of dog training that I did not know exists. I've been reading people trying to quote the Bible as an excuse for striking their animals. I've also noticed a particularly strange connection with political affiliation and dog training that I didn't know was needed or even existed before now.

As a Christian this leaves me scratching my head and wondering what the heck has gone wrong in recent years. As a life-long Republican this behavior has caused me to drop my support for the party that use to represent my values.

What the heck is wrong with people who believe that EVERYTHING must be political and who will twist the words of the Bible in order to justify atrocious behavior?

GipsyQueen

What the heck is wrong with people who believe that EVERYTHING must be political and who will twist the words of the Bible in order to justify atrocious behavior?
:hail: :hail: :hail: Nicely said, and very true!

I would post my opinion, but I have to go, so I will post it later.

Melissa_W

Even IF God thinks it's okay to hit children and dogs, how does it follow that it's NOT okay to NOT hit children and dogs. I don't know, I guess I just don't get it at all.

Buddy'sParents

*Finding My Inner Fila*
Maybe we can merge the two threads together that have been started in the FH. Anyone object? No need to have two open threads with debates about the same topic...

Copiuos

You know, I think that's why that guys followers seemed so cult-like in the way they post about him. he confuses politics, religion and his job, presenting them all as intertwined. I feel sorry for the people who are following him.

drmom777

Bloody but Unbowed
We're still waiting for participation from the main advocates of the "don't spare the stave" school of thought.

Emmalee

We're still waiting for participation from the main advocates of the "don't spare the stave" school of thought.
spare the stave or you'll spoil the dog?

I just don't understand. You don't hit a child to make you do what you want it to do, therefore you don't hit a dog to do what you want it to do. Children I think learn through love and example, as do dogs.

GipsyQueen

Yes, I also wasn't aware that dog training was a religious adventure. It fascinates me.
I wasn't aware either! :yikes: Maybe I should read my dog training books more clearly. ;) (none so far have said to hit your dog.)

Last edited:

Copiuos

I wasn't aware either! :yikes: Maybe I should read my dog training books more clearly. (none so far have said to hit your dog.)
Train up a dog in the way he should go and when he is old he will not mark it.....or something like that. ;)

Members online

No members online now.