Please pray for my Gonzo...

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Aww... Chaz is so awesome. :) So many kind, caring people who love my boy.

Gonzo is still fighting this, whatever it is. He got sick again yesterday, and we went back to the Vet. They kept him for the day and switched his anti-nausea meds. I'm feeding him 5+ tiny meals a day. He's been better so far and trying to play, but he's still very weak. I have never seen him so skinny... I gave him a bath, and he was just skeletal. I am so grateful that he's still with me and he hasn't given up.

I'm probably going to be feeding him a balanced home cooked diet after all of this. He's been eating Orijen Senior for a couple of months now, and although I'm probably just being paranoid, I don't want to risk feeding him that again (or any kibble really). He does so well on raw, but I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable putting his system through that switch any time soon. I'm DEFINITELY not feeding the prescription SD (90% corn and soy and crap) that they recommended. I don't want this to happen again, I don't know if he could make it a second time. Especially since I have noooo idea what caused this. It could still be cancer, or it could just be a freak incident.

Thank you all again for your prayers and positive thoughts and support. <3

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I wouldn't risk it either. Glad to hear he is making good steps for improvement.

Toller_08

I haven't had a chance to get online in a couple of days, but I am so glad to hear that Gonzo is hanging in there! That's wonderful. He'll continue to be in my thoughts, as he has been over the last little while.

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Haven't said much, but I check this thread a few times a day! Sending lots of good vibes to you still - Gonzo is a superhero. :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Maybe Nutrical would help him gain weight quickly without putting too much strain on his tummy.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Nutrical has been my ace in the hand when trying to bring a seriously ill animal back to speed or for someone like Vic when I first got him who would not eat.

Members online

No members online now.