Nights in White Sateen

So.

I finally asked for something I wanted (and earned!) and stood firm until I got it.

That Kathy Ireland Serengeti Nights mattress set . . . They've renamed the line and consolidated a couple of factories so the ones we had on the floor are out of sync with what's being manufactured now, so I decided that one had my name written all over it. I've lusted for it shamelessly from the day the first one hit the floor here.

John and Gary took it up to my house for me yesterday afternoon and put it on my front porch - up two sets of stairs, no less; one from the sidewalk to the yard and one from the yard to the front porch.

I was feeling awfully cocky after I wrangled a king size mattress and box set out of my stacked-up-bedroom, turned the corner into my stacked-up hallway and out the front door and leaned it neatly against the back wall on the front porch (which is big and covered and like another room) . . . all by my lonesome.

Got the levers on the bedframe loosened so I could adjust it from king to queen and got the bolts off of the headboard . . . . all except for the last one.

I finally had to call for reinforcements, so my Dad came over with a couple of wrenches and we got it loose.

Up until then I'd been laboring under the delusion that I was going to be able to do this all by myself.

RIGHT.

The box I could have managed, but it was a lot easier with Dad helping me.

The mattress?

No. Freaking. Way.

Eighteen inches of foam and latex.

Any idea how much that weighs?

And then I remembered the sheets. My mom's always got a stack of extras, still in the package, but, alas, none that would accomodate an eighteen inch thick mattress. I figured my king size down comforters would be a good fit though, and I was right about that.

Off on a quick run to Ross before they closed!

400 count cotton sateen queen sheet set in off white with gold embroidered beading across the top and pillowcases. $27.99.

This is the first time in a long, long time I've slept all the way through the night without waking up because I hurt - even a couple of featherbeds can't completely cushion a hard mattress.

Kharma thinks it's pretty damm spiffy too, lol!

noludoru

Bored Now.
Oooo la la.... that sounds heavenly, Renee. And to think I was thrilled with my little air mattress. :D Does it come with a comforter and such?

I've got two or three big king sized down comforters, Nolu. I need to get a few more duvets for them and a couple more sheet sets.

There is NOTHING like sleeping on a latex mattress though.

ACooper

Ok, Ok........still bragging about your 400 thread count sheet steal I see, Hmmmmff!

But good job getting the set, and then getting it set up! :)

ACooper

Oh, and I watched those TWO big guys sweat their @sses off on a VERY mild day bringing my mattress and boxsprings up the stairs..........so I can see why you MIGHT have needed just a teenie tiny little HELP!

:lol-sign:

ACooper

SHUT THE #%$% UP!!

I may be sending you a check to shop for me :D

noludoru

Bored Now.
Good god.. that's what we paid for our plain little 200 count sheets. (Well, okay, they're nice. But still.) And when I said comforter what I meant was duvet set. At least someone knows what I mean when I talk, lol.

SHUT THE #%$% UP!!

I may be sending you a check to shop for me :D
Better yet, come visit and bring your checkbook!

You wouldn't believe all the great clothes either . . . and shoes. I've bought a couple of pairs of Born clogs - for $25. And all sorts of great tops, most were between $7 and $13. Not to mention dresses for $15- $25. I now have quite a collection of classic Little Black Dresses - with deep necklines, lol! Ross has saved me, lol, since everything I had is now too big for me and I don't exactly have a fortune to spend on clothes.

ACooper

I could see me driving down to Tennessee to go shopping, Hahahahahaa.......and the even FUNNIER part is that Kevin wouldn't be shocked by it in the LEAST!

Perhaps after winter is over I will do that very thing!

LionWolf

~ Naughty Minx ~
I suppose the real test is have you placed a pea under the mattress.

You must do the Princess test. *still witholding your sandy lollipop BTW*

Heheh . . . Lion, that's what everyone used to ask me when they saw all the featherbeds, comforters and pillows piled up on my bed. And I'd tell them that yes, as a matter of fact I CAN still feel that pea.

I can't feel it under this one . . . and Kharma doesn't seem to be able to either! That may be the real test right there :D

Oh, by the way . . . don't worry about the candy. Buckshot shipped me a box of antelope jerky :p

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Ah, you lucky lucky person you. I slept like a rock the first year I had my new mattress...now I've created my own body imprint in it, even with flipping and while it's still comfortable, I'm thinking I might need to get a feather topper to put on it.

Oaky doak Renee, now you be sure to KEEP all of that to yourself now, and do not share, under any circumstances.;)
I have every intention of NOT sharing, lol! Well, Kharma and Bimmer get a few bites. Kharma even made sure not to lose any jerky-flavored drool, lol!

This mattress should come with a warning that you have to get up and out of bed as soon as you wake up. I didn't this morning and next thing I knew it was 9:30 a.m. :eek:

Yup. Now if I could just figure out how to get a cup of Cafe Francais to make itself in one of my favorite mugs and find it's way to my hand without me having to get out of the bed and make it . . . . . :D

Members online

No members online now.