new to the forum not new to breeding

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
I just would like to point out that you say you will use these dogs for hunting, and you chose the screen name "Poacher."
I've been wondering that some too. Wonder if anyone in chazland is savvy enough to get a location on sketchy people to turn them in the the ministry of natural resources.

poacher

yes I'm aware of what poacher means lol and it also is my mothers maidenname lol thanks for that saeleofu

poacher

now mafiaprincess is not a scetchy name lmao who should turn who in poacher my mothers family name or some mafiaprincess lmao

Dekka

Just try me..
When the blood was infused as no bearing on this... otherwise people would get around that by breeding cross breds since then. And registration with the CLRC means nothing. right from their site:
A national pedigree service for purebred and non-purebred livestock in Canada.
Perhaps you should go APA (animal pedigree act, of Canada), you have to be purebred. Just what is your breed called?

If you are making a breed at some point you are going to have let them go. SO while its great none of your dogs have ended up in a shelter... yet. Once other people start breeding them it will happen at some point. Or someone else will get reported. Can you show us a picture? I am curious to see what this breed looks like.

I do find this VERY rude though. (and bad grammar)
Thanks to all, those who don't think theres a need for such animal shouldn't own one and people like these that support banning breeds.
None of us here support breed bans. I have lobbied and spent money toward the Clayton Ruby fund. I however don't support putting dogs in risk of seizure and destruction. But even without a the ban I would like to see how good your dogs will actually stack up. Reminds me of this guy in London Ontario made a 'new' horse breed (which is a lot easier, and more practical) Was the laughing stock of the horse world as his horses which were supposed to be good at everything ended up being not terribly good at anything. (even though he did use some world class bloodlines)

Last edited:
I just wanted to say welcome to the forum Poacher and I look forward to hearing more about your dog and hopefully pictures. But do know there are many many herding dogs out there that have managed to stay out of the show ring. Maybe their breed as a whole hasn't but there are great ranch dogs being bred all over the world.

But regardless, hope you stick around and we get to hear more about your work put into creating this breed.

As a side note, I find the tags put on this thread to be incredibly immature but hey, that could just be me.

~Tucker&Me~

I just wanted to say welcome to the forum Poacher and I look forward to hearing more about your dog and hopefully pictures. But do know there are many many herding dogs out there that have managed to stay out of the show ring. Maybe their breed as a whole hasn't but there are great ranch dogs being bred all over the world.

But regardless, hope you stick around and we get to hear more about your work put into creating this breed.

As a side note, I find the tags put on this thread to be incredibly immature but hey, that could just be me.
Agreed!

Welcome :)

Dekka

Just try me..
I am surprised at all the welcome from people he implied are supporters of BSL...

Unless those welcoming do think there is a need for this new breed, even though the OP risks his dog's lives to create it.

(and no in case anyone is wondering, I didn't put the tags there.)

Dekka

Just try me..
My neighbours leave their dogs out all year round with dog houses (not sure if they are insulated) As much as I hate it their dogs look very healthy and have thick coats. Cattle (and horses) turn into yaks in those temps. So as long as you pick an animal that can adapt (husky's could do it) its not so bad.

My JRTs can't handle cold at all...

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Welcome, Poacher.

You have to understand that this dog community is very into dog rescue and are sticklers for reputable breeding practices. New breeders are generally subject to this type of questioning when they join, and I look forward to hearing more answers.

I honestly don't really approve of your breeding practices, but I'm also not here to bash. I hope we can help you understand why we have the opinions we do.

Cheers!

poacher

Dekka i have a question for you if you don't mind you have jack russel terriers the akc nor the ckc recognizes them as a breed or pure breed. Hopefully you didn't buy them for you are just adding to bad breeding. Not here to bash just making a point

Dekka

Just try me..
they are registered. The club decided to not go APA, and one thing JRT clubs have in common is to stay out of kennel clubs. The BCs tried to stay out of the CKC but it didn't work, they got included even though most breeders wanted them to stay out...

You will notice I never said dogs need to be registered with kennel clubs. I am actually fairly against kennel clubs, and not a fan of conformation showing. (though I do show the whippets as I am supposed too) I am also pro making new breeds.

I have never bashed you. I have simply pointed out inconsitencies and worried that if you are in ontario you are possibly breeding dogs that are prohibited under the stupid breed ban. You were the one who got all rude.

ETA I bred the JRTs in my siggy. And in fact I generally own non KC breeds (JRTs, LHW, and a BC)

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Just to play devils advocate here, but a LOT of people where cooing over majestic tree walkers the other day, and if you look closely, they were only developed approx 30yrs ago. Not one single person commented on this, only how 'cool' they were.

Why were people allied to develop new breeds in the past, but now is a huge taboo? Of its done properly, all lines are healthy and tested, its done with integrity and openness, then who are we to say its not allowed?

Plenty of unregistered breeds out there. Dekka of all people you know that. Long haired whippets only came to the fore in the 70s/80s (ie people breeding for that specific trait). If you can tell me why the regular whippet wasn't enough for people?

It's all around us, but people are usually selectively deaf when it comes to which they want and don't want.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
From what I understand, they aren't particularly bashing him for making a new breed. They are questioning his breed choice in respect to the weather up in Canada and the work he has them do. And the fact that Canada has a intense BSL law going on, and he is using the APBT in his program

Now that that is said, Welcome to Chaz!

And I don't see any pictures :( Where did they go?

Dekka

Just try me..
As I said I am not against not registering dogs *though I do think you should make your own registry just to keep records if you are trying t make a breed). I just don't see how registering them (esp with a non purebred registry) is going to 'save' the dogs from BSL as the OP is claiming.

poacher

Ok guys my dogs are protected from the bsl just like the olde english bulldogge is I used apbt in my first generation just like David Leavett did so that being said. I have over 5 generations of dogs in my yard been developing this for over ten years since september of 1999 I posted pics in my photo album on here so take a look. I keep my own records and stud book and don't need a registry right now since I'm the only one with the dogs and when my dogs go public if they ever do thats when the registry will open up until then only myself and the CLRC has those records and they are closed to public until like i said I go public. All I'm doing here is seeing peoples responses to a new breed bding some market research as you might say.

Members online

No members online now.