New Englanders Meetup

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Anyone interested in a meetup sometime this Spring? I'm about an hour from the NH border (around Rochester, NH). I've no clue whereabouts to have a meetup but I think we now have a few members around here that it'd be doable.

Maxy24

Depends on where/when and whether or not people would be put off by me bringing anti-social dog (which means you can't pet him but he'll play with your dogs). So it's only a small possibility, but I am interested.

BostonBanker

I'm in Vermont; most of NH and MA are what I consider reasonable driving distance (3 hours or less); eastern NY down to about Albany is also possible for me. Bonus points if I can combine the drive with an agility trial.

I live out in western MA, but my parents live out in northeastern MA so I can combine this with a visit to them. I'm willing to drive pretty much anywhere in New England within a 3 hour radius of either of those places.

milos_mommy

I'd go, depending on when and how far. My best friend lives in Boston, so even if it was really far I could stay with her. Most of Massachusetts would be doable for me, maybe Southern NH or Vermont.

I'll be sans-dog.

ETA: Leashed dogs are allowed on all Boston transportation systems except during rush hour AND most parks there are at least leashed-dog friendly, some are off-leash.

There's also Kent in CT which has part of the appalachian trail for beautiful hiking and a very dog friendly city with a sculpture garden, but that might be far for people

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Does Boston still have BSL or was it repealed when the Governor made it illegal in Mass? If Boston's BSL is still around, I'd rather avoid Boston, even though Saxon is a Service Dog.
It was repealed :) no more BSL. The new animal rights law signed by Governor Patrick bans any breed specific rules and regulations, which mean pit bulls can’t be singled out.
It just went into effect this november

There is no evidence to support that breed specific ordinances work,†said Reginald Zimmerman, spokesman for the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources’ Division of Animal Health. “The animal control bill is designed to be breed-neutral and work on a case by case basis to prevent good owners and good dogs from being punished unfairly.â€

YAY FOR BOSTON!

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
Yay for Boston!! I was worried because when CO and FL made BSL illegal they had a grandfather clause and Denver and Miami-Dade were allowed to keep their BSL in place. Booo!! :thumbdown: SO GLAD that didn't happen with Boston, though!! Yay!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

BostonBanker

Yay for Boston indeed! I won't bring either of my guys into an area with BSL if I am aware of it - both could pass for pit bulls with someone stupid enough.

Plus I'd rather not give any of my travel dollars to those cities.

I do quite a bit of trialing in Manchester NH and that area, which I think is sort of Boston-ish. Wouldn't be that hard to go an hour or so out of the way!

Members online

No members online now.