New and in need of advice

Purr said:
I'm in the same time zone as Nedim; it's 5:30 here, so he must be playing with Peanut right now LOL.

C'mon Nedim, how'd it go?!
He's taunting us, lol!

Jeez. I hope nothing went wrong this time. If they've done him wrong again we'll have to send them e-mails that say, "Don't make us come up there!"

bubbatd

Grammy's waiting to hear about her Goober !!! Wellllll, as we're drumming our keys, we might as well chat. I've already named his next 2 dogs ! Butter and Jelly.

bubbatd

Well, I had a glass of wine to toast him when the news came in....guess I have to pour another...... me thinks it's good news; otherwise he'd be here with us. Which is good. He's with his new pal.

nedim

hey guys, guess who? lol. Sorry I kept everyone waiting.I picked up peanut right after school, and we drove straight home. We've been playing and I even taught her some new tricks. When I make a sorta double-clicking sound, she stops whatever shes doing and looks right up at me. I taught her to sit by giving her a treat when I tell her to sit and she successfully does it. Man, has it been a long day. I think I nearly drove my teachers crazy because I was so excited. She is such a good guard dog. When we were outside, she barked at anyone who I didnt know that passed the house.Also, she seems to HATE the neighbors dog. He semms like a pitbull mix, and they absolutely HATE,HATE,HATE each other. Shes 35 pounds of pure muscle and had no problem giving me a jolt when she wanted to attack the dog. I took some pics outside, but they were with the regular camera, not the computer camera, so I have to wait until they get developed before I can upload them onto my computer. I would take pics now, but I'm not sure if My arms are still attached to my shoulders. Between the cuddling, wrestling, playing, and picking her up anytime she wants attention, I'm pretty much beat. It actually feels great in a way. Hey Gustav, the whole time we were outside playing, I couldnt help but see an amazing resemblance between my dog and yours. She reminded me of a gus mini-me.lol. I'll be posting more pics when I get the chance, guys.

Saje

Island dweller
Yay! Nedim. That's so great. Peanut must be so thrilled to have a home. I'm so happy for you. She sounds like the perfect dog for you. Are you in love? :D When I brought Nanook home from the shelter she was so happy she just sat next to me for a bit and leaned on me. That's one of the good things about shelter dogs is they are so happy to have a home. They usually adapt quite easily.

Yay! Happy happy happy. :D

bubbatd

Way to go !!!!!! It will take a while to teach her who's the boss !! Cuddle up with her tonight and read " THE" book. Anxious for tomorrow's report !!! Now I can move on to other things. I've toasted you both !

nedim

She loves me, but is sorta cautious of my grandfather. Its so funny because hes scared of her and closes his door whenever I bring her up on the porch. She sheds LIKE CRAZY!! I looked like I was a big upright walking corgi after she got off of my lap. I brushed her, but she wont let up at all on the shedding. I;m going to take her to petsmart to get her haircut and I'm going to get her some doggy-shampoo and give her a nice bath. I hope it helps control the shedding.

nedim

bubbatd said:
Way to go !!!!!! It will take a while to teach her who's the boss !! Cuddle up with her tonight and read " THE" book. Anxious for tomorrow's report !!! Now I can move on to other things. I've toasted you both !
Me too.(okay, okay it was a glass of water....) :D :rolleyes: ;)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
nedim said:
Hey Gustav, the whole time we were outside playing, I couldnt help but see an amazing resemblance between my dog and yours. She reminded me of a gus mini-me.lol.
Lol! Maybe Gus's dad was a pilot with a girl in each airport! :D
So glad you are having a good time!! Yay!!! :D :D :D

bubbatd

The extra shedding could be from the change.....just nervous. Don't push her. I'm so happy for you !!! Over 600 posts, but you did it !!! Bless you both !!

Members online

No members online now.